Plain reticle scopes

"Reasonable" is subjective. State your budget & I'm sure you'll get suggestions. I love my older Hawke Sidewinder 6x24x56 (old model). Got it for $325 used about 5 years back. I think there's a newer version in classifieds. The reticle is the cleanest of the 4 scopes I'm using now. That & the Sightron I'm using. The price NEW isn't reasonable where my budget is concerned. YMMV.

Ive got a old Simmons .44 Mag 6.5 X 20 X44 Duplex reticle on my R10 SE .22 and love it, perfect for hunting. If you dont mind buying used theres a ton of older Duplex reticle scopes out there that will do good service and have decent glass.
I gave 60.00 for the .44 Mag and at 62 yds can clean the know your limits spinners using the bottom of the reticle on 6.5 magnification. Bushnell, Simmons, Swift and a few others had or have some nice duplex reticle scopes. As said also depends what you consider reasonable.

If I wanted a plain duplex, that opens up a huge number of scopes. I'd go on ebay, and look at older Bushnell Trophy scopes, they have the finer center reticle for airguns. Weaver Classic V are good scopes for sure. Most of the older Simmons scopes would have a fairly thick reticle, not good for airguns.
The thicker reticles are excellent for hunting not so much paper punching or any field target. I do like the older Bushnell Trophy scopes though.

Reactions: wamf