Please help, a problem with the hammer spring/or dieseling/ Hatsan Bullboss .22

Hello nice people,

Recently there is something wrong with my Hatsan Bullboss .22 . It is a 1 month old gun and probably around 2000 pellets have been shot with the rifle.
The accuracy dropped and I decided to clean the barrel. I used cotton patches and Balistol... everything went okay with the cleaning.
However after 50 more shots the gun started to produce a loud crackle when fired and the pressure started to drop very fast(from 200bars to 100 only for a 15 shots.
I tried to rotate clockwise the hammer spring adjustment in order to decrease the pressure and check if it is going to work fine. It was fine for 10 shots(only 20 bars of pressure decreased) and then the loud crackle appeared again. I think it is coming both from the hammer spring hitting the valve and something in the shroud/silencer.
However the strange thing is that when you dry fire the gun everything seems fine(I have only tested it a few shots 5-10 but if needed I will check from 200bars to 100).
The thing I can not explain by myself is, if it is dieseling why the pressure is dropping so fast or there is something wrong with the hammer spring adjustment in general.
Also when you shake the rifle something is feeling loose somewhere in the mechanism but this is present from day one and when you pull the lever(but not loading the gun) the rattle is gone.

If someone can help me at least to find what is the problem I will be very grateful.

Best Regards,
A new PCP air-gunner.

You have to hold the hammer with a small pin or Allen key to adjust the hammer spring CW will loosen the tension as will CCW will increase tension. You probably have oil in the transfer port and around the pop valve. Pending how much Ballistol you'd used. I recommend to remove the air cylinder and clean around the pop valve. When cleaning open the breach and blow air up the tranfer port try and get all the oil out. The tank just unscrews to access the lower area of the transfer port the upper area is in the barrel. It wouldn't hurt to pull out the barrel and clean the barrel and breach there's two screws on the side of the breach to hold the barrel in place. They will also help to realign when going back to gether. This is a good thing to get to know. Its the easier way to replace the breach O-ring with the barrel out. Good luck 

The more I read your post, there probably lead dust and oil that has failed your valve area. if you want to clean the valve use the degassing tool hatsan set with your gun degas the tank. Take a 13mm wrench turn the brass end out of the tank. Use a pick to remove but prying the white spring plug. Push out the valve and spring to clean. Something is there not allowing the spring to close fast. I'd bet your gun has gotten loader or lets say it sounds different, like a blurb sound. 

Don't worry the hatsan is a great gun, you cant hurt them and you didn't brake it. This gun sill teach you so much about air guns. Seth0764 could have very good point to. There a small fork like anti hammer bounce device. You'll have to take the gun apart to replace the fork. FYI when you take your gun a part watch for the spring that is on the fork it likes to spring out.

1536555799_17057565075b95fb17d147e6.21075360_IMG_0313.PNG
This 

This May help

Hey guys,

Yesterday I received my rifle from the gunsmith. Everything was fine in the mechanism and the rattling is coming from the rail which connects the trigger and the trigger mechanism.
Not a problem at all. The best thing is that after the maintenance the trigger is a lot smoother than it was and the cocking is easier. Basically the whole rifle seems to work in more smoother way. 
He also suggested if possible to check with another air cylinder because he suppose there might be something which is stopping the pin in someway, but he said it is better not to touch the cylinder while it is working. Happily I have a friend who can borrow me the cylinder from his AT44 long which is the same.
If the problem is still there with the other cylinder he said the blurb sound should be coming from the baffles(even they look normal and only the cloths are dirty) in the suppressor.
Thanks for the good advises from everyone. 

Sound Good I hope it works out, a 2nd idea i have. Maybe buy a regulator for your gun. The regulator goes in to the tank, the you could inspect the valve during installation. There a guy over on Gateway to Airguns trying to get 25 guys to gether to make a bulk buy for high flow valve for the Hatsan At44/bullboss. You might put your self on the list.