Please stop using Ground Advantage

I own a mail order business (small antique vehicle parts) and ship a LOT of small packages via USPS (both Priority and recently ground advantage).
Larger packages get shipped via UPS or Fed Ex.
I would say that I am 99.99% satisfied with USPS, as far as domestic shipments...International is a different story.
My issue are the few customers that place an order on Saturday night, and then by Monday evening, have sent NUMEROUS e-mails and/or phone calls wanting to know why they have not received the part they ordered for their 50 year old antique vehicle yet! :unsure: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Its comical, at how impatient society has become.
Good luck with your incident, and I hope it all works out for you.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I use them too, but have had them back charge me a few times lately saying there was a price discrepancy with the final shipper. Usually a few extra bucks. Still cheaper than going in and shipping in person.
You can dispute the backcharges easily, just go to your Pirate Shipping account, open the shipping and there is a "Dispute" button there. I did it several times, and I was refunded the backcharge every time back to my account. It's not Pirate Ship who does it, it's the carrier that measures and weights your package and if there is a discrepancy they would charge Pirate Shipping the difference and Pirate Shipping would pass it onto you.

I use them too, but have had them back charge me a few times lately saying there was a price discrepancy with the final shipper. Usually a few extra bucks. Still cheaper than going in and shipping in person.

Yes sir, I've gotten back charge me for a few items too. Totally my fault BUT they keep the package moving with no delays.

By the way, USPS default shipping insurance $100 is worthless, it's actually a scam that USPS should be sued for. If you have your goods damaged, and you try to use this insurance to at least get $100 back, USPS will ask you to SURRENDER THE WHOLE PACKAGE WITH CONTENT TO THEM FOR INSPECTION in exchange for $100. AND THEY DON'T GIVE IT BACK! So, you receive $500 gun via USPS with this default $100 insurance that's badly damaged. You file USPS insurance claim. They ask you to bring it to a post office for an inspection. You bring it and the post office clerk takes it off your hands and says thank you and buy-buy. Then MAYBE you'll get $100 if the claim approved or maybe not. This happened to me before. I asked "when I am getting my damaged package and rifle back" and was told - never. After a heated exchange with the post office manager, I demanded my package back and said that they can keep their $100 stupid insurance. USPS INSURANCE IS A SCAM!

Go with the cheapest you get with tracking. I just paid for 2 day and it took over 2 weeks to get there with no tracking updates. Or better yet use UPS. Apparently they pay their workers more to actually wotk. The lasy few packages from USPS have had their stays in major cities with delays then magicly show up without updates. Shippers are skipping the scans or just not uploading their scanners at the end of the day to inform the system.

Yes, I had my share of packages sent by USPS that would fall into "black hole" without any scans and then would magically show up at the destination scanned as delivered. That's only one scan though the whole route :ROFLMAO:. But usually, you can go to your post office and ask the postmaster to check their internal tracking for the package, they have much more info and internal scans there that don't show up on the public tracking website.

Check out pirate ship or shippo. It’s free to create an account and both have great ups rates. Generally they are cheaper than usps even.
I used Pirate Ship to return a 8'X8' 30 lb canopy last week. Saved about $15 from the standard UPS rate. Last airgun I mailed out was about $20 cheaper than USPS. Buyer got the airgun in 3 days.