Please stop using Ground Advantage

How much of an advantage is it really? You save like 4 bucks on shipping, but the package ends up taking almost a month to get to the destination. It's ridiculous.

I refuse to use the post office for shipping items now vs a year ago I actually recommended them. My items have also been getting damaged by them vs the other 2 major carriers. They are about worthless when trying to file a claim or any follow ups to said claims.

I can't be the only one who's had issues with this service. How has your experience been?

How much of an advantage is it really? You save like 4 bucks on shipping, but the package ends up taking almost a month to get to the destination. It's ridiculous.

I refuse to use the post office for shipping items now vs a year ago I actually recommended them. My items have also been getting damaged by them vs the other 2 major carriers. They are about worthless when trying to file a claim or any follow ups to said claims.

I can't be the only one who's had issues with this service. How has your experience been?
i only send priority mail, with signature required when using usps.

I just recently shipped a package to HI using Ground Advantage and it was there in 5 days.

Reactions: daddypaddy
I recently sold several guns and shipped the first 3 using priority mail. All 3 were over 10 days late. I shipped the next 3 using advantage. 2 of them were early and the 3rd was 14 days late. I dislike using USPS but UPS is over twice the cost here and FedEx will not ship them.

I 'll just keep using USPS but give any buyer the option for Priority or Ground Adv and I always ship insured in case of loss. BTW, last time I checked a couple of years ago, USPS does not consider it lost enough to start a case until the package is 18 days past due.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Check out pirate ship or shippo. It’s free to create an account and both have great ups rates. Generally they are cheaper than usps even.
I use them too, but have had them back charge me a few times lately saying there was a price discrepancy with the final shipper. Usually a few extra bucks. Still cheaper than going in and shipping in person.

I've had multiple bad shipping and receiving experiences with FedEx and UPS, but not USPS. By the way, last time I checked USPS considers air pistols to be firearms, so will only ship them to FFLs. Interestingly enough, they don't consider air rifles to be firearms.:unsure:

But regardless which shipper you use, if you don't package the contents in such way as to make it virtually impossible for gorillas to destroy the contents you'll likely regret it.

Last edited:
I've had multiple bad shipping and receiving experiences with FedEx and UPS, but not USPS. By the way, last time I checked USPS considers air pistols to be firearms, so will only ship them to FFLs. Interestingly enough, they don't consider air rifles to be firearms.:unsure:

But regardless which shipper you use, if you don;'t package the contents in such way as to make it virtually impossible for gorillas to destroy the contents you'll likely regret it.
Nothing I've shipped was damaged, I've had some packages show up damaged. A crosman 2260 was utterly destroyed during transit. Sure it could've been boxed better, but no amount of boxing save a hard case, would've stopped the damage. The barrel was bent 90° out of the box, and the stock was shattered in two.