Please what is everyone finding is the most accurate Altaros .22 40 Gr slugs for the FX Panthera 5.52s or 5.50s at distance ?

We are shooting silhouettes at 75Y, 100Y, 150 & 200Y at our Club and the Pantheras with Altaros 40gr seem to do better than any other projectiles. Match reports are posted here. Mostly rimfire shooters participate but a couple FX Panthers & Dynamic shooter seem to dominate. I used to shoot rimfire but since I was always getting my a.$.$ kicked by airguns I bought one. I shot it for the first time at the last match and did pretty good .... I am new to shooting airguns at these distances.

Up to now, I have shot the 5.52s. Would love to hear what everyone more experienced is using for 75 to 200 yards. This will be a learning year for me but I am hoping to rank higher next year, especially since I have not crossed to the airgun side for silhouettes :)

Please what is everyone else finding is the most accurate Altaros 40 Gr slugs OD for the FX Panthera 5.52s or 5.50s at distance ?

Thank you for any and all advice

P

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
Well I'm curious to see if anyone else's experience varies but Altaros recommends the 5.52mm for FX barrels
and I couldn't argue with the reports I was seeing so that's what I went with in their 40gr kings in my 700mm FX DRS HP and shooting ~900fps
and I've been very happy with them, making impacts at PRS rimfire matches out to 240yds.
They are currently shooting right about 1 moa 5-10 shot groups consistently at 100yd without any fine tuning yet,
simply adjusted the hammer spring to 890fps and zeroed for a match the next day and so far haven't had a good enough
reason to tinker with it more, it shoots great just have been cleaning the barrel every 250-300rds as I did see accuracy dropping off after the first time I got 4-500rds down it. and velocity seems to have settled at 900fps.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
If no one knows, the best way is to find out yourself:

If you bought every SS option on this page all the sizers with shipping to the US is $118. That's what I did.

Reactions: Ranchibi
If no one knows, the best way is to find out yourself:

If you bought every SS option on this page all the sizers with shipping to the US is $118. That's what I did.
I have one in SS 5.52, really well made...the plunger also works to reform damaged pellet skirts...👍😂