• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Please where can I buy a sear trigger wheel & lighter trigger spring for the FX Panthera?

I believe you will find that all you should do to the sear and trigger wheel is polish, not remove metal. I played with that on my Royale 400, and I decided that the angles involved really need to be maintained in order to have a reliable, safe release. If you have the equipment to be extremely precise with a very small alteration, you might get an improvement. In order to get a light but crisp release, I think that the mechanical advantage of multiple levers is necessary. FX went half-way there in the Boss match trigger, which is what I use in my Royale. It includes an additional lever for the multiplier effect of leverage, but it's still limited by the trigger roll design. It's an inexpensive design that allows a good, but not great trigger feel. I think the Panthera is similar, but not the same trigger, so maybe more is possible. If you contact Newman Buck at Cape Fear Airguns I believe he can furnish the parts you want.

Reactions: Airgunmann
Wen we say polish the parts - that means polish to mirror finish using 600->1000->2000 sandpaper can work if you don't have diamond polishing components like paper or paste for pads. Also polish the 2mm holes. I also coated these polished surfaces with high concentration molybdenum grease. In the plunger screw and spring pockets you can lube with a drop of PTFE.
The FX triggers are not bad at all if you give them these attention.

I’d start with a call to Utah Airguns.
Kenny
Thank you for your response. I tried but sadly asking UA to lighten up my trigger before they ship it to me, though an abundance of caution UA told me they do not want to adjust it at all stating liability reasons. This does not surprises me. Certainly minimizes risks for them but not the best for their experienced customers. I understand why this policy was made, They sell to the general public and a very broad spectrum of experience of shooters and it;'s impossible to differentiate who is experienced and who is not. It's not like in the competitive benchrest world where they sell custom benchrest guns with very light triggers. to experienced benchrest shooters.

Reactions: BABz58
Wen we say polish the parts - that means polish to mirror finish using 600->1000->2000 sandpaper can work if you don't have diamond polishing components like paper or paste for pads. Also polish the 2mm holes. I also coated these polished surfaces with high concentration molybdenum grease. In the plunger screw and spring pockets you can lube with a drop of PTFE.
The FX triggers are not bad at all if you give them these attention.

Thank you to the both of you, I will try to polish first... I have a little experience polishing internals my CZ handguns but no experience at all polishing these airgun parts... I will look for more youtube vids on polishing the sear and trigger wheel.

Also any good resource, vid or method for polishing the inside of the 2mm holes? are you talking about the holes where the pins run though on the sear and the trigger wheel?

I believe you will find that all you should do to the sear and trigger wheel is polish, not remove metal. I played with that on my Royale 400, and I decided that the angles involved really need to be maintained in order to have a reliable, safe release. If you have the equipment to be extremely precise with a very small alteration, you might get an improvement. In order to get a light but crisp release, I think that the mechanical advantage of multiple levers is necessary. FX went half-way there in the Boss match trigger, which is what I use in my Royale. It includes an additional lever for the multiplier effect of leverage, but it's still limited by the trigger roll design. It's an inexpensive design that allows a good, but not great trigger feel. I think the Panthera is similar, but not the same trigger, so maybe more is possible. If you contact Newman Buck at Cape Fear Airguns I believe he can furnish the parts you want.

....I will try to polish first... I have a little experience polishing internals my CZ handguns but no experience at all polishing these airgun parts... I will look for more youtube vids on polishing the sear and trigger wheel. ...the inside of the 2mm holes?
The bottom line is, nobody will do these for you, only way is diy.... the end result money cannot buy.

Try the search function here on AGN. It works very well.
There are more than this, but this looks to be what you're searching to do (?).

Mike

Reactions: maxtrouble
Just some polish I take and back off the detent screw for the second stage till it does nothing makes it into a light single stage always check the safety still works so that to. It's the larger Allen screw should be in the rear of the trigger bar just remember do this at your own risk I take no responsibility if you do so .
It turns out to be be really light trigger .

Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Just some polish I take and back off the detent screw for the second stage till it does nothing makes it into a light single stage always check the safety still works so that to. It's the larger Allen screw should be in the rear of the trigger bar just remember do this at your own risk I take no responsibility if you do so .
It turns out to be be really light trigger .
Truth be told I didn't even have to polish my drs sear which is same as the pantheras

Thank you to the both of you, I will try to polish first... I have a little experience polishing internals my CZ handguns but no experience at all polishing these airgun parts... I will look for more youtube vids on polishing the sear and trigger wheel.

Also any good resource, vid or method for polishing the inside of the 2mm holes? are you talking about the holes where the pins run though on the sear and the trigger wheel?
Please have a look at the You Tube Channel Sub12Airgunners. They show how to take apart the trigger assembly of the Panthera/Dynamic (in fact how to completely strip the rifle down and reassemble). They also have a great video on improving the FX Crown trigger. As the panthera/Dynamic trigger is essentially the same as the Crown I think this will work.
Cheers,
Greg

Man I could really use a polished trigger wheel & sear as well as a lighter spring too.!!!

There are soooo many after market parts for rimfire and center fire handguns and rifles ..... I wish someone with some skills and machining equipment could step up to make and start selling polished custom sear, trigger wheel & lightened spring for these.

I feel FX rifles are good rifles but the worst triggers I have ever come across ... I do not have much experience in air rifles... am used to the crisp triggers of custom centerfire and rimfire match rifles ...

I like shooting rifles and handguns but I hate messing with their internals as this is not my area of expertise & I do not want to damage the rifle by my lack of experience ... If anybody has a lead please let me know

Thanks

Man I could really use a polished trigger wheel & sear as well as a lighter spring too.!!!

There are soooo many after market parts for rimfire and center fire handguns and rifles ..... I wish someone with some skills and machining equipment could step up to make and start selling polished custom sear, trigger wheel & lightened spring for these.

I feel FX rifles are good rifles but the worst triggers I have ever come across ... I do not have much experience in air rifles... am used to the crisp triggers of custom centerfire and rimfire match rifles ...

I like shooting rifles and handguns but I hate messing with their internals as this is not my area of expertise & I do not want to damage the rifle by my lack of experience ... If anybody has a lead please let me know

Thanks
They can easily be adjusted to 1lbs or less and safety still works if you do so correctly everyone says that but ditch detent screw and it's half way decent single stage but warning do at your own risk