POI changes Weihrauch hw97 blackline-stl 4.5mm

Hello,

I just bought my hw97 and I already shot 800 pelletts with it. It is bloody accurat! I use the artillery hold to shoot it and try to hold every time the same. I shoot in the backgarden, so i can obly shoot 20m. I experienced that my POI changes every time I don't shoot directly after the previous shot. So if I change the target-card my POI is somewhere else. My scope is a ecohunter 3-12x50 and I have hawke mount for it. I shoot with 4.5mm 7.9 gr crosman hollowpoints. I already tried to use the pointed version, but it didn't prevent a change of the POI.

1528034758_6444213615b13f5c647ec11.75642885_P_20180603_134335.jpg

1528034856_8014457895b13f6288d3bd8.70220002_P_20180603_135449.jpg

(all these shot were done with the same scope setting and were shot on the same day)

What can I do to prevent a changing POI as I don't like to zero my scope every 5 minutes.

thanks,
Bram van manen 

I would tend to suspect bad optics or changing cheek weld (your eye is not in the same sweet spot, and parallax is changing your point of aim).
Spring Air mechanisms are notorious for damaging scopes. See if you have a buddy in the Netherlands who can loan you a different scope for a test. 
With the artillery hold, the EXACT spot you place your front hand, and how tightly you grip also affect your point of impact. It is key to have the exact same holding location and force for each shot to have true repeatability in point of impact. 

Something is definitely off. Your good groups should be better. A lot of people claim hole in hole shots at 40 meters with that rifle. In all fairness, that is likely with weighed and gauged pellets. This photo is of groups from a .22 caliber Benjamin Trail II NP2 air rifle (break barrel spring air) with a cheap UTG scope, fired from a wobbly tv dinner tray at 25 meters with unsorted pellets. The holes are all covered by an American Nickle, which is about 21mm. Under any condition, the HW97 should be doing much better.

1528040398_5251351315b140bce362289.85664429_nickel cover trail NP2.jpg

"canonsvogel"I think that i should try the jsb exact diabolo and see if it makes a diffrence.
Agreed on the JSB's

Keep in mind, every gun is different and what works in one just may not work in the next one off the assembly line. That is just the way it be.

Make sure all the screws are tight and the barrel is clean. Make sure the scope mount screws are tight also.

>>>> A lot of people claim hole in hole shots at 40 meters with that rifle. In all fairness, that is likely with weighed and gauged pellets. <<<<<
Nope, 40 yards stacked pellets right out of the tin. JSB 8.44 grain 177's windless day!!!
download.png
1528043747_18137826955b1418e3d0e024.51998760_Big G.JPG

I think everyone who has commented is a better shooter than me, but I can add my personal experience.

When I bought my HW97KT over a year ago, I thought it was an amazing shooter, and was incredibly accurate with H&N Field Target Trophy 4.52 pellets. But I did notice some POI shift. I chronied the rifle and discovered shot to shot velocity was actually changing as much as 50fps. So I shipped off my rifle for a pro tune by Motorhead in CA, and when it came back the rifle was even smoother and with shot to shot velocity difference ~10fps, and POI shift was gone. I would suggest you chrony your rifle and see if you might have a similar condition. And I have always gotten better consistency with H&N or JSB pellets over the Crosman Premier in the tin.

I switched from pre-charged to springer and "12fpe" at the same time. Naturally ran through scopes a bit but ugh.
Picked what I thought a working scope and took it to the FT club then handed it to s springer shooter. Rifle and scope were fine ( "your trigger, umm, isnt, well, you know..") ..
Have a more experienced shooter handy?

Naturally could be the scope, yes they can go bad instantly.

Now if you are getting good groups ( plural ) as shown, then scattered and with NO adjustment , what happens if you keep shooting say a 50 shot card? POI change? A bad scope should change often and you'll likely see it in a many shot group.

Hold is EVERYTHING in some springers. Thumb in the same place, left toe in the same place & pressure, ... .

I'd lean slightly more towards it being your hold after walking than the scope but slap any other scope on e.

John