Peashooter

Apr 9, 2021
Denmark
So.
As i am seemingly able to shoot heavier slugs now in my .177 - 4.5 mm Maverick ( 20 gr at 950 FPS / 130 BAR ) and having just ordered some 24 grain, i figured i better see where i am on more power / speed.
And that was kinda nowhere, adding 20 BAR more for 150 on the regulator, and well i had to find my heavy brass hammer from the tune kit ( i was already using the lighter one of the two )
And that worked just fine and i can now push 20 grainers over 1000 FPS if that is desirable, and i assume the 24 grain ones will be mid 900 FPS

Downside, well maybe not for a fat lazy old SOB, the cocking handle, well now it is a exercise to shoot it would seem, my Two shooting 16 grain, well i would not insult it by even comparing the cocking force on the two rifles CUZ it is that far apart.

Problem : I haver already broken 1 cocking leaver on the Maverick, shooting much more relaxed weight / pressure / hammer weight.

Now wondering how big are the upper arm on .30 CAL shooters, those must take some cocking force, or have hammers much more heavy ( tungsten )

Reactions: 450BM
It is, but clearly i am mashing up that spring more than it have ever been mashed before.

it is also smooth, though i cant shake the feeling that the,,,,, what is it " sear " engaging with a click and the trigger move forward, is not as easy as it have been, if i relax the hammer adjustment screw ( modded with micrometer so do not have wheel ) then the click are better / more easy.

But its not like i am at the end of the adjustment throw where you can no longer cock the rifle, i have at least 2 full turns of the adjustment screw.

It is probably also CUZ i have broken a cocking lever before, shooting 13 grain as i always have, and the rifle not had any falls or stuff like that.
But one winter day ( november 2022 ) i had just gotten into shooting, and then ,i sat there with my leaver in the hand as it had snapped very close to the body of the rifle.

That’s new mmmmm🤔🤔🤔🤔, broken lever, I think is a defective lone , however did you get a replacement and broke again ? I mean you’re shooting a light 16/ 20 grain, that’s very odd, if you increase you reg to 150 you will have more power however that got nothing to do with lever it’s just reg pressure , I change the spring and hammer in my Crown and I noticed that my cocking lever was a little hard, and it’s understandable, now in my M3 30.cal
Shooting 50 grains my cocking lever it’s very smooth so I don have a Maverick but all FX GUNS are pretty much the same .

no my broken lever was fixed in,,,,, 3-4 months at a local FX dealer, it took wayyyyy too long if you ask me. 22 November 2022 notified seller about broken handle - 15 March 2023 my Maverick was still not fixed.
I am not sending a gun back to that dealer, that is for damn sure, probably also not buying a gun there again.

But the replacement handle still work just fine, but as it is the same my reasoning is, it might well break just as easy.
When it broke i was shooting 13 grain slugs like i have always done with the maverick.