N/A PP-800R Hammer Spring & Parts, Artemis, Diana, Snowpeak

Hello everyone,

I am looking for extra Hammer Springs for the PP-800R in .22 caliber. My goal is to 1) increase the shot count and 2) lower the FPS a little more. I am currently getting 14 consistent shots shooting 15.89gr at 500FPS and is very accurate at 10-Meters.

I want to experiment with shorting the spring length but would like to have a replacement spring to modify and not the OEM spring. The Canadian Shop is out of stock and besides I would like to find a source in the US.

If any of you know the exact dimensions and weight rating on this OEM spring and a source to purchase replacement I would appreciate that information. Or, if you have found a replacement spring of a different rating that increases the shot count.

Thanks in advance for the help,
ThomasT

Last edited:
there are no parts in the states, WHY because no one cares
the Chaser has been around for 5+ years where are the parts in Canada maybe, UK maybe, USA not a chance
the simple thing to do is get a stock spring and take off 2mm at a time and test but there are no parts
take the spring out measure length and wire diameter go to Ebay and find a replacement and it will come from a seller in China get some different sizes and do some R&D
while your at it find some washers for shims for fine tuning the power level
if i knew the spring size i could compare against one of my Chasers the shims are easy to find i buy from this seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164573184907?var=464175123552

get me the spring sizes wire diameter, overall length, number of coils but the fact will be hard to match and then you would guess
also spring ID and OD

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ThomasT
there are no parts in the states, WHY because no one cares
the Chaser has been around for 5+ years where are the parts in Canada maybe, UK maybe, USA not a chance
the simple thing to do is get a stock spring and take off 2mm at a time and test but there are no parts
take the spring out measure length and wire diameter go to Ebay and find a replacement and it will come from a seller in China get some different sizes and do some R&D
while your at it find some washers for shims for fine tuning the power level
if i knew the spring size i could compare against one of my Chasers the shims are easy to find i buy from this seller
https://www.ebay.com/itm/164573184907?var=464175123552

get me the spring sizes wire diameter, overall length, number of coils but the fact will be hard to match and then you would guess
Hello @marflow 777

OK thanks for the information. I will take the pistol apart and will get all the dimension from the spring and get back in touch with you.

ThomasT

okay good
the real problem with springs is what it is rated at in compression and i don't have the tools to test that and most of us don't

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1762934349...JluqkUSLu5HY2DGfHKDTixNtBG|tkp:Bk9SR-basrq8ZA
thumbnail_IMG_4620.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
okay good
the real problem with springs is what it is rated at in compression and i don't have the tools to test that and most of us don't
View attachment 495461
Hello @marflow 777

Wow my spring ( because it has already been cut so not sure of original length ) is a bit longer at 73.44mm and I have just 20/21 coils? The OD and ID are the same and also the wire diameter.

I will try and find a spring with your dimensions, I could not find one with my dimensions. Unfortunately WB Jones does not have a stock with that length so to have them custom make one is $19.18 and you have to buy 10 pieces.

How about the spacers?

Thanks for all the help,
ThomasT

just buy them from Ebay the spring that are sold in the states come from China anyway
spacers
if you get .5mm or 1.0mm or both spacers, washers call them what you like to sit in the piston or whatever they are using for a spring guide on the rear cap
you can get springs in 305mm lengths cut your own
this is all a guessing game because if a guy find a spring somewhere in the states could you find the same spring
i would go with 0.8mm and 0.9 mm wire
you know if you are in this hobby long enough you will have boxes of stuff that you order that doesn't work at the time and sooner or later you will have your own hardware store don't ask me how i know

• Love
just buy them from Ebay the spring that are sold in the states come from China anyway
spacers
if you get .5mm or 1.0mm or both spacers, washers call them what you like to sit in the piston or whatever they are using for a spring guide on the rear cap
you can get springs in 305mm lengths cut your own
this is all a guessing game because if a guy find a spring somewhere in the states could you find the same spring
i would go with 0.8mm and 0.9 mm wire
you know if you are in this hobby long enough you will have boxes of stuff that you order that doesn't work at the time and sooner or later you will have your own hardware store don't ask me how i know
Hello @marflow 777

I appreciate your help and will try and find some springs.

ThomasT

Veradium Air in Texas does a lot of work with Wes. He has springs
Hello @bthurman

Wes sent me an email showing that he had the springs back in stock so I placed an order for some.

I think I will take @marflow 777 suggestion and order some "non-standard" sizes and do a little testing with them also.

Thank you for the information,
ThomasT