PP700 .. Longer air Tube / No lucking finding .. So MADE ONE

Deep digging in parts piles, recalled having a short length of 1 1/4" DOM tubing as scrap from my time at JSAR.
Correct O.D. but tube already tapped both ends for M-rod threading :unsure: Not to be deterred dug deeper in the m-rod parts stash coming with an a filler end & cap, and a previously made tube end of unknown origin. Onto the lathe fabricating it all to fit in place (As an Assembly ) onto the gutted regulator male snout having 10mmx 1.0 threading.
Inside the tube a hogged out M-rod gauge manifold positioned to not interfere with the HuMa in tube reg while having gauge on left side for easy viewing.
Increase in tube length was 5" over oem more than doubled the air capacity. ( Distance inside tubes end caps OEM a@ 4" and now 9" tho do have gauge manifold inside tube now. SAWEEEET !!!!!

View attachment 364023

View attachment 364024

View attachment 364025

View attachment 364026

View attachment 364027

Dang Scott, is there anything air pistol weirdness related you CAN'T do with a lathe and rooms full of spare airgun parts accumulations? :oops: Perhaps we'll find out soon enough.

Because although you've risen to the Extreme Field Target Pistol modification/fabrication challenge quite admirably, in fact like the CHAMP you truly are, leave it to Og Robinson to throw you 'another challenge'. Also known in Neanderthal-speak as "another monkey-wrench in the works".

Had I the rooms-full of parts, mill/drill/lathe, knowledge and skills to use them you have, I wouldn't have to butcher perfectly good (and EXPENSIVE) air rifles with hack-saws and grinders to cobble together Extreme Field Target pistols. And now, 30 foot pound EXTREME Extreme Field Target pistols! (Actually, a work still in progress.)

Yes, I really AM that sick. However I prefer to call it that demented. And if, as (recent) history suggests, you are (also) sick (or demented) enough to respond to 'the calling', I suspect we can look forward to more mighty ingenious SS custom pistol fabrications.

AWESOME WORK, Scott!(y)

Absolutely, been shooting airgun silhouette w the ranchero, 16 ft/lbs- rams are at 45 yards, what's another 10- another hash mark or two and Bob's your uncle :cool:
I'm all set up at .12 fpe right now to have pistol as a back up or loaner in Oregon next month. I'll shoot it as set up and Lobb-em-in 🤪

Reactions: aroundlocks
I'm all set up at .12 fpe right now to have pistol as a back up or loaner in Oregon next month. I'll shoot it as set up and Lobb-em-in 🤪
Hi motorhead
Great engineering skills sir.
Frankensteins bride has arrived and I bet she shoots well he he.
Adapt and overcome as they say.
Its great people like yourself who inspire us mortals in our beloved sport.
You should go through your parts bin more often 👍😁😁😁

Reactions: Motorhead
Hi motorhead
Great engineering skills sir.
Frankensteins bride has arrived and I bet she shoots well he he.
Adapt and overcome as they say.
Its great people like yourself who inspire us mortals in our beloved sport.
You should go through your parts bin more often 👍😁😁😁
All in fun ...
This my primary FT Pistol. A Very modified & massaged Single shot BSA Scorpion .177 cal.

20220713_150919.jpg

Great project @Motorhead .
I'm still thinking of doing the same for my pp750 with 16" FX superior liner.
I found this on Ebay, but not sure would it work: Ebay 30cm and this one on Ali: Ali 40cm. Aliexpress one is longer than I need. Is it possible to cut it shorter while remaining safe?
Don't think so as any sort of direct fit. If diameters correct and have access to machining it likely could be adapted in some manor. Tho what it would take I've got no idea.

States AIRFORCE, & thought AF guns all used bottles .. so a confusing statement there ?

Good luck tho :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 0akhonor
View attachment 365032Not trying to hijack this thread, is the 15" max length include the moderator and is barrel only, or is it like FT Pistol for the overall length of the pistol? Love to sight in with the moderator on- I can wear ear plugs but those nearby @ a match- whew it's loud!
As too barrel ... TOTAL of barrel or moderator added or not is 15"
On my Airmax it has 15" of barrel period, no LDC could be added and still be legal in a sanctioned competition. Club match who cares 🤪
I'll have an LDC for mine if we decide to hush our ROAR !!!

Don't think so as any sort of direct fit. If diameters correct and have access to machining it likely could be adapted in some manor. Tho what it would take I've got no idea.

States AIRFORCE, & thought AF guns all used bottles .. so a confusing statement there ?

Good luck tho :unsure:
Was thinking the same for the one that states it is for AIRFORCE. Did you check out the link for Aliexpress one? Think that one might work, but it is around 7cm longer than I need it to be.

Ok .. finally at a usable finished FT pistol set up 😍
D.O.P.E. 9-56 yards, Wind flag, Variable height Bubble level, Eye Shade, Few xtra pellets at the ready & Wika pressure gauge.
All sighted in and dope data proofed.
it's a shooter if steady when shots get taken .... yup that is key being STEADY !!
Air tank came in at @ 135 cc capacity.

j.jpg

Last edited:
Pistol went to Oregon for the State Championship / GP a couple weeks ago & was loaned out to a first time pistol shooter. He had fun but did not score particularly well :cautious:

In the week+ following match took some vacation time and was able to sit back on a few occasions and shoot the pistol more and really see how it shoots near & quite far !!! One afternoon was camped along a stream in central oregon and was plinking at features along the shore or just visible boulders breaking the surface of the water. Took shots one after another 80 to 100 yards and once holdover was figured out, drop .20 cal JSB's right on the mark over & over again. So it is accurate & stable in velocity showing great potential it could be used in serious competition at some point in the future.
* All the shooting thus far has been at >12 fpe using JSB .20 cal 13.73 pellets. Will revisit once we set back up at >20 fpe at some point :unsure:

Its very much together 🤪Even have a thread protector in YELLOW over the muzzle threads.

Legal at 15" of barrel, > 3" forestock depth & just 20" OAL having 5" to spare :LOL:

View attachment 364237
Nice Scott:),
How much does it weigh w/o the scope?

- What is the purpose for such a pistol?

Oops - 2nd page .....