• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PP700 power tune/increase

Hey Gang

Got my PP700 yesterday and overall quite happy with it. Just wondering if anyone was able to increase the power a little without major modification? I tried to turn up the hammer spring but it really didn’t do much and made the shot string in consistent. Settled on 16 grain and 580 FPS but was hoping to get to 650 with 16 grains, is it possible without complete overhaul? 

The go to guy for pp700’s is Brian at veradium air

1594766241_13458032005f0e33a173fc01.80236157.jpeg

You should Try and just shoot it break it in properly first before ATTEMPTING TO adjust a CHINESE REGULATOR AND TRIGGER.

ITs NOT AN FX!!! Tinker this tinker that...from BRAND NEW!

NOT AN FX...At least it shouldn't leak...

Wise words but too late, I already took it all apart now hahaha! I tried to adjust it through the peep hole but the angle was off and it felt like I was stripping the screw, much easier to just take off the regulator and turn it. Need to figure out the transport port next and it doesn't look like there is much I can do to lighten the trigger.

Heck YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!! You just saved like $400-$500 on over priced inferior scopes that you DIDNT BUY!!!

You should have broken it in though. That trigger would have gotten better by itself with normal wear in and not all regulators are bad in those guns.

well, the money I saved went to......more scopes you said to buy! Thinking about the alpha 6 2.5-15 scope. The vector I got is pretty nice but SFP and illuminated reticle is nice to have for quick close range shots. Then the JSAR FFP version could be interesting on the impact once the PP700 and/or the BSA is dedicated to close range....slippery slope! 

back to PP700. By dumb luck i got the regulator set to around 100 bars, when the pressure drops to 100 bars the shots sound farty even though the speed doesn’t change much. I’m taking your advice on the breaking in, hopefully the reg creep would go away. First couple of shots after refill would be wildly off/low. Sometimes if it sits for a while the first shot would be faster by 40-50 FPS. Good news is I got it to shoot the hades at around 650-660 FPS once things settle and it is not any louder than when it was at 580. The little gun sounds happy at the current setting so I might just leave it since 15 FPE is enough for squirrels at 20-30 yards.

i have to admit that I am really liking this little gun. It is no FX impact by a long shot but interesting and different never the less, most importantly quite accurate once it settles. 

This is what you need to make your wrench look like if you want to adjust the reg while the gun is together. A word of warning, if you turn the reg screw a half turn, you probably just bypassed it. Reg adjustments are microscopic, not turns. Your shot string will show if you bypassed it.
1594792106_17483516435f0e98aac35631.06004392.jpeg

I didn’t find taking out the regulator too difficult so I’ll stick with that for now and not risk stripping the Allen head which I kind did a little bit already. 

Added more camo tape and shot it more today, quite consistent today over all even though I didn't check speed with Chrono the POI seems quite consistent. 20 yard zeroing was a breeze with pellet touching pellet if I use a carboard box as stand. At 30 yards leaning against the wall I can do sub 1 inch group, more me than the gun. Even though it's single shot I really don't mind the reloading process with a pellet pen. Saw people having problems with mags and such with the PP750 I'm happy I have the PP700 and will wait till they sort out the bugs on PP750. For backyard use it's really perfect for me, I have my impact set at higher power for when a fat coon dares to venture into my backyard.

Shot it more today and think the regulator is getting broken in, so far first shot POI didn’t change, just about all of my 30-40 shots today was pretty darn accurate. In fact I would go as far as it’s shocking accurate for a little gun. Tried the emperor on it but it seems to change the POI a little depending on where I hold it, it is really large and heavy. The trigger seems to be easing up too so it’s looking good. Really love this little gun! 

Put a Huggett on it...

It has a huggett Belita and does an admirable job actually, it's quieter than using the bigger FX or Tatsu. I tried the emperor on PP700 again today and as long as I hold it a certain way it doesn't change the POI and it's pretty damn quite! If I see a Huggett in classified I'll probably grab one to try, they seem to work well on certain guns but not others but that the same with all moderators. I tried the belita on my impact(lower power tune) and I thought it sounded like a 22 rim fire made me jump and took it off immediately. At the current rate my moderators will out number my guns 2 to 1.

After mucking around and tuned the PP700 up a little I was loosing shot counts and accuracy seems to be getting worse so I tuned it back down to around 700-705 FPS with 14.3 grain Crossman pellets. Then the accuracy got worse! I cleaned the barrel thinking that's the issue and the group opened up to 2 inches at 20 yards! Frustrating to say the least. Decided to just shoot more to see if the barrel needs bedding in with lead and it go a little better but still bad. Then for giggles I put in some JSB hades and it's back to dime size hole consistently. The crossman hollow point never consistently gotten dime size hole at 20 yards consistently but it wasn't bad.

Has anyone else have the same experience with bad/inconsistent accuracy with cross pellets in PP700? Guess the cheap little pp700 prefers the more expensive diet. BTW i had great accuracy with both JSB Hades and domed pellets in the PP700, I was hoping to shoot the ultra cheap crossman but it doesn't seem to like them. Interestingly my impact with superior liner can shoot very tight groups with the crossman pellets at 20 yards but it opens up to half dollar groups at 30 yards.

Try cleaning the barrel and backing the power down some to maybe 600fps to force it to like CPHPs out of that temperamental prejudiced against CPHP barrel. Fine tune up and down from there for better accuracy and much much much easier to shoot backing the power down as well. Lower you go the more tame it will be. You don't even need 500fps to kill paper at 20 yards.