• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

PP700 power tune/increase

Well, got my grouping back for both the JSB and crossman. 

1. cleaned the barrel till there is no mark left

2. I realized the massive effort took to take off the factory barrel cap so I can install moderator adapter has loosen the barrel. Tighten the barrel using the adapter

3. Lubed the barrel with silicon lube and shot couple hundreds of pellets

4. took off the dovetail to picatiny rail adapter and switched back to the vector. noticed some POI shift with the ATN, guess the scope is simply too heavy for the poor little PP700 action and rail. 

now my groups can be quite tight if I use a rest and leaning against the wall and I’m pretty comfortable with hitting half inch kill zone at 20 yards. Chrono shows I have lost some speed and there is some fluctuation in speed so probably increase the hammer spring just a little just to get the speed up a little and hopefully balance the hammer with the regulator a bit. Finally I don’t feel frustrated anymore with this little gun.

Well, got my grouping back for both the JSB and crossman. 

1. cleaned the barrel till there is mark left

2. I realized the massive effort took to take off the factory barrel cap so I can install moderator adapter has loosen the barrel. Tighten the barrel using the adapter

3. Lubed the barrel with silicon lube and shot couple hundreds of pellets

4. took off the dovetail to picatiny rail adaptor and switched back to the vector. noticed some POI shift with the ATN, guess the scope is simply too heavy for the poor little PP700 action and rails. 

now my groups can be quite tight if I use a rest and leaning against the wall and I’m pretty comfortable with hitting half inch kill zone at 20 yards. Chrono shows I have lost some speed and there is some fluctuation in speed so probably increase the hammer spring just a little just to get the speed up a little and hopefully balance the hammer with the regulator a bit. Finally I don’t feel frustrated anymore with this little gun.

I've heard that waxing the barrel is considered beneficial by some shooters, but have heard nothing about the use silicone oil.

What's the word in the forum on this?

Ed

I've heard that waxing the barrel is considered beneficial by some shooters, but have heard nothing about the use silicone oil.

What's the word in the forum on this?

Ed

It's the silicon dry lube so it's pretty close to wax, I happened to have it on hand instead of pledge. You definitely don't want oil which attracts dirt. But honestly the wax/silicon probably gets rubbed off with just 1 or 2 pellets, it's more or less cleaning and make sure nothing else is on the barrel surface. This is on top of using brake cleaner to make sure the barrel is free of any grease and bare metal only. With a few pellets through it the barrel should have a very nice and thin lining of lead.