N/A Pp700w barrel threads

Anyone have a clue as to what the threads are on the pp700w barrel ?? I believe they are mx8 1.0.. but every time I make an adapter for that thread, it doesn't want to go past 2 or 3 threads.. I used an mx8 die on the barrel threads to make sure the size was right and it works just fine.. the adapters work perfect on my pp700-sa barrels but fit super tight on the pp700w

IMG_20240813_144330.jpg

Use a thread pitch gauge to be sure what thread you have. They are not very expensive. Or find some different pitch metric screws to use as a gauge. M8 is normally 1.25mm pitch, for instance. M6 is normally 1mm pitch. My PP700SA barrel uses M8x1 mm threads. I machined an adapter for it.

I had trouble seating the barrel thread fully, but that was because I hadn't made a good internal thread gutter. I fixed that and the adapter screwed right on easily. The internal M8x1 threads were single pointed. For that matter, so were the external 1/2-20 threads.

On your piece, check for burs or incomplete tapping. Clean the threads with a pipe cleaner.
PXL_20231022_210958127_crop.jpg

i assume you have a thread gauge
8mm comes in 3 threads course 1.25-medium 1.0-fine .75
I do have a thread gauge.. according to the gauge, the threads are 1.0... I contacted the guy who sold it to me to see if he had any input on what was going on and he said he had someone fab an adapter for it but the guy used 5/16 threads 🤔🤔.. the tip was damaged.. you can't tell by just looking at it or even feeling it but I put it in the lathe and shaved 2 threads off and made another adapter and now it fits as it should.. thanks for your input

Use a thread pitch gauge to be sure what thread you have. They are not very expensive. Or find some different pitch metric screws to use as a gauge. M8 is normally 1.25mm pitch, for instance. M6 is normally 1mm pitch. My PP700SA barrel uses M8x1 mm threads. I machined an adapter for it.

I had trouble seating the barrel thread fully, but that was because I hadn't made a good internal thread gutter. I fixed that and the adapter screwed right on easily. The internal M8x1 threads were single pointed. For that matter, so were the external 1/2-20 threads.

On your piece, check for burs or incomplete tapping. Clean the threads with a pipe cleaner.
View attachment 488179
The first 2 threads were in fact damaged.. couldn't tell by just looking at them.. I shaved them off and recrowned and now everything fits nicely.. used the same m8x1 threads .. thanks for taking the time to respond to this thread