Snowpeak Pp800r jammed

Hello,
Tonight my pp800r jammed during cocking.
The bolt won't pull back far enough to be able to pull the mag out and won't go forward enough to be able to close the bolt.
I'm not sure how to proceed and can't find much documentation on the pistol at all other than an exploded diagram.
If anyone could help, I'd appreciate it.
theyre super simple .. id guess a lug screw came loose internally and is binding... unscrew the gauge/frontcap slowly until it degasses and just start diassembling .. remove barrel grubs, barrel, stock, back cap, seperate receiver off the tube ... keep track of where orings go ... at this point youll probably have access to the loose screw on the bolt/hammer ... if you need or want to remove the bolt, slide the orings off it and chuck the handle in a vice to unscrew it, use something to protect it so it doesnt marr ... use a dab of blue loctite on all lug screws and the bolt handle threads on reassembly .. lube all orings with silicone oil .. just go slow, theres not that much to it ..

Reactions: RIshooter
theyre super simple .. id guess a lug screw came loose internally and is binding... unscrew the gauge/frontcap slowly until it degasses and just start diassembling .. remove barrel grubs, barrel, stock, back cap, seperate receiver off the tube ... keep track of where orings go ... at this point youll probably have access to the loose screw on the bolt/hammer ... if you need or want to remove the bolt, slide the orings off it and chuck the handle in a vice to unscrew it, use something to protect it so it doesnt marr ... use a dab of blue loctite on all lug screws and the bolt handle threads on reassembly .. lube all orings with silicone oil .. just go slow, theres not that much to it ..
Thank you. I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
I'm still fairly new to airguns and I actually bought this pistol knowing that it should be simple to work on, anticipated that i may have issues, and I figured it would be a good start learning how to work on them anyway.

he can't take the breech off the tube there is a screw under the mag
take the air out as stated
take the barrel of and shake any pellets out
take the bolt handle off and see if you can push it out of the breech and that should clear the mag
now if that does not work you will need to cut the mag up but you will need to take the breech off and reposition the bolt hammer screw

the breech area has to be open to remove the breech screw no matter what ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To remove the gauge, I can stick a screwdriver through the fill port, correct?

so it has been known for a long time that the leads of the barrels on the Bandit and Chasers are a bit rough and your 800 is a Bandit
i have 6 Chasers and i have fixed the roughness with some rubber abrasive Dremel cones and they come in all sizes
i am interested why you just didn't take the barrel off at the start
they are easy to remove and the middle grub screw centers the barrel at reassembly
but you have to make sure the Barrel end Oring is still in place and that a little grease gets put on the 2-barrel breech block Orings
these have been known to have the cocking screw come loose even though they are Blue Loctited in place

Reactions: RIshooter
so it has been known for a long time that the leads of the barrels on the Bandit and Chasers are a bit rough and your 800 is a Bandit
i have 6 Chasers and i have fixed the roughness with some rubber abrasive Dremel cones and they come in all sizes
i am interested why you just didn't take the barrel off at the start
they are easy to remove and the middle grub screw centers the barrel at reassembly
but you have to make sure the Barrel end Oring is still in place and that a little grease gets put on the 2-barrel breech block Orings
these have been known to have the cocking screw come loose even though they are Blue Loctited in place
I don't like to do anything unless I know for certain what I'm doing.
I haven't been able to find any info online about messing with this thing, and (no offense, I appreciate the effort) the directions given here weren't exactly clear and concise.
I'm not seasoned, like you guys are. Airguns are still fairly new to me. I've been using them for over 30 years on and off with large breaks between, but only within the last year started getting serious about it, into pcp, etc. Good forbid i do something without knowing what I'm doing and i blow my face off. Forgive me for being a little nervous about pulling the gun apart without clear instructions. 🤷‍♂️
The gun is also so ridiculously accurate that I'm afraid to mess with it. ✌️😊
I just read your post again, and your instructions were a little more, clear, so thank you for that.
I had no idea the barrel indexed by one of those grub screws. Had I known that, it would've alleviated some of the anxiety.

Last edited:
I should mention; this only happened after I messed with the trigger adjustment screw.
I couldn't find instructions on how to adjust it, so I tightened it all the way in to see what it did to the trigger. Went to fire, and it jammed.
I've since put the screw approximately where it was, but I still have no idea how to adjust it.
Not sure if that's why the jam happened or not. Perhaps someone else can comment on that?

the jam i have no idea
the 800 is a Diana Bandit or i should the Bandit is a 800
now the 800 is the PCP version of the CP2
here is the states we have the Chaser CO2 and Bandit PCP
the Bandit and the Chaser are the same except the power supple the grips and end cap

now the trigger can be reworked i have done much work to them so they have only 1.5mm of movement
but let's talk simple adjustments
there are 2 screws in the trigger and the front one is too short and back one is there but way to short
both screws are 3mm-.50 thread and if you were to get a couple 8mm and 10mm you can adjust the trigger
they say the trigger is 2 stage but it is not it is one stage
the front screw takes up trigger slack and pushes the sear down and is always in contact if you want a nicer trigger
the rear screw which they never made long enough, takes care of the fire of the pistol by pushing the sear down far enough that hammer moves forward
all the adjustments can be made at a table and you can watch what is doing what with the stock off
the pins in the trigger assembly like to fall out because they are undersized, i have replaced all of mine

now you will see a screw in the sear and that is a stop screw

these are just ideas and it is what i do but in reality what others do is none of my business
SAM_0444.JPG
SAM_0445.JPG
SAM_0446.JPG
SAM_0447.JPG