Price per shot of compressed air

I try not to figure what the cost is. Sometimes makes me little sick at my stomach. Amazing how much it cost to have fun at home. My friend and I went coyote hunting couple weeks ago and was talking. Between the 2 of our setups was over 10k. 🤢🤢. But sure do enjoy myself going out to play.
A coworker and I also have discussed the costs of airgunning, he of course being a PB shooter, is shocked and amazed at how much $$ I have invested in this sport.

Reactions: Rizz01
With me getting a big boy compressor the cost of my shots went up quite a bit, but from then they should only get cheaper over time.
I also exact a hefty price on the freedom that compressor give me, assuming there is always expensive power in the outlet at my friends place.
My freedom need far exceed the general Danes neds, they are happy to just take what scraps their superiors throw on the floor for them.

That is of course just the " ammo " side of the experience, the tools is a whole other expensive matter.

PB or PNM rifles i assume have sort of the same cost in procurement, the difference lie in the powder / pressure, and projectile cost.
So getting your own big compressor is a substantial cost, but that only go down after that, to me a outsider it look as if the cost for the PB folke only go up and up.

Like many airgunners I started off with a .177 springer and graduated to .22 caliber multi-pump.

I don't mind a heavy cocking/pumping airgun for hunting but definitely prefer a PCP when it comes to plinking and target shooting. In those situations where you are shooting a lot, the effort of charging the airgun quickly and negatively affects accuracy.

With a decent range in the backyard I do a lot of shooting. I keep ammunition costs down by staying with the smaller .177 & .22 calibers which is also uses less air.

Initially I used a SCUBA tank but found it inconvenient to be running to the dive shop al the time so I upgraded to a CF tank and compressor.

We're talking about the cost of pellets and HPA. Pellets need to be purchased, that's a given. As far as the rest of the PCP support stuff I'd say considering the convenience of having as much HPA as I want/need and not having to worry about running out that a compressor is the best investment that I've made.

Don't care what it costs 😁

Cheers!

Reactions: elwoodblues