Price per shot of compressed air

I shoot CPHP at about 1.5 cents each. Also JSB's 25 grains at about 4.5 cents each. But what is the cost per round for compressed air?

Obviously that cost is going to vary depending on the equipment you use to compress air and the FPS you're sending down range.

Here's a quick example for my AEA HP Carbine in .25 cal.

The fill calculator says I can re-fill my AEA from my 97cu great white tank about 18 times. I get about 40 shots per fill and it takes 30 mins to refill the great white with my YH compressor.

Lets say I get 100 hours out of the YH before it needs replacing. That's 200 fills or 200x18x40 = 144,000 shots. Assuming the cost of $300 for your YH and that's $300/144,000 = $0.0021 (2/10th of one cent per round). Of course that does not factor in electricity or compressor oil etc. Maybe you also get 200-300 hours out of a YH, so the cost is way less.

So in conclusion, even for a medium power round of about 35-40fpe, and using a cheap crappy disposable compressor, the cost is insignificant when compared to the cost of pellets.

I shoot CPHP at about 1.5 cents each. Also JSB's 25 grains at about 4.5 cents each. But what is the cost per round for compressed air?

Obviously that cost is going to vary depending on the equipment you use to compress air and the FPS you're sending down range.

Here's a quick example for my AEA HP Carbine in .25 cal.

The fill calculator says I can re-fill my AEA from my 97cu great white tank about 18 times. I get about 40 shots per fill and it takes 30 mins to refill the great white with my YH compressor.

Lets say I get 100 hours out of the YH before it needs replacing. That's 200 fills or 200x18x40 = 144,000 shots. Assuming the cost of $300 for your YH and that's $300/144,000 = $0.0021 (2/10th of one cent per round). Of course that does not factor in electricity or compressor oil etc. Maybe you also get 200-300 hours out of a YH, so the cost is way less.

So in conclusion, even for a medium power round of about 35-40fpe, and using a cheap crappy disposable compressor, the cost is insignificant when compared to the cost of pellets.
Someone has too much time on their hands and not on their trigger. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I guess we need to see the same breakdown on Daystate, Calibre et al.
Smitty

I like to do similar types of analysis. You may consider adding the cost of the tank in there as well, since it's part of the package.

I get a similar shot count as yours from my tank. But I do not currently run a compressor. I fill my tank at a local paintball shop for $10 per fill with the cost per shot coming out to about $0.014. So quite a bit higher than your cost per shot, but without the maintenance requirements of a compressor setup. I just walk in and fill with clean/dry air, hand them a $10 bill, and walk out. I've dealt with compressors and pumps in the past, and for me, this method is by far what I prefer.

Someone has too much time on their hands and not on their trigger. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I guess we need to see the same breakdown on Daystate, Calibre et al.
Smitty

Nah, I shoot multipul times a day, I just need something to do to pass the time when filling my tank lol!

I like to do similar types of analysis. You may consider adding the cost of the tank in there as well, since it's part of the package.

I get a similar shot count as yours from my tank. But I do not currently run a compressor. I fill my tank at a local paintball shop for $10 per fill with the cost per shot coming out to about $0.014. So quite a bit higher than your cost per shot, but without the maintenance requirements of a compressor setup. I just walk in and fill with clean/dry air, hand them a $10 bill, and walk out. I've dealt with compressors and pumps in the past, and for me, this method is by far what I prefer.

If I could get my tank filled to 300 bar for $10, I'd be all over that!

I bet I can fill my 45 minute SCBA tank with my YH faster than you can drive to where ever you fill your tank and back. I know I can. I'm sure there are better compressors but I think the YH is a great deal. It's noisy, it needs some extras but it is pretty cheap and mine has worked without any serious issue for about 2 years now. Longevity is a key variable for the calculation and I think it is a bit of a guess. But it still gives some idea.

Anybody try this on one of the little portable compressors?

got a yong hang compressors to fill my bottles. Also have solar which is more than enough to power the YH, plus I don’t have to drive anywhere so my running cost is basically zero! Woot!!!
so what did the solar cost you to set up ? Storage ? and the cost of replacement given time ? a friend has a wind generator that among other things charges his EV , an old golf cart thing that go's 34 MPH , over the years he has replaced the battery's 6 times , the generator 5 times the windmill blade 2 times BUT he say's it free energy ?

Uh...

Ice?

5 gallon buckets?

Been there, fug that! Its too much work for me. I even made a setup to use cold water straight from the swimming pool so I don't need ice.

And its loud!

And I don't know if I mentioned it before but I'm lazy azz. I may as well be a teenage kid!

When I got my Bauer I said DONE!

Return on investment?

Priceless!

Allen

Reactions: steve-l
I was just curious to work out what the cost was. Because if it was significant (like as much as a pellet) then .22LR is looking good at 10 cents a round for subsonic. Turns out the cost is insignificant!
I was never into powder burners because of cost and how loud they were. But because I go to the range about every 2 weeks. I am expose to them constantly. If I were to get one maybe a 17 HMR just because that little slug goes so dang fast and fairly inexpensive.

Allen

Reactions: sekiar