Problem with Skout Epoch

This video turned out to be good bait for conservative people. What I don't like about this rifle is firstly the price, then the weight and the internal ballistics are not fully resolved so that you can't get the most out of it. The second thing is how the overall system will behave in the long term, because it works at significantly higher stresses and loads than what these guys have been doing so far - low pressures. The question is what is worth so much that it is so expensive? Electronics- no, Chinese(?) HPA bottle- no, extruded aluminum barrel- no, two regulators- no, chassis, valve, pressure gauge - no.
The fact is that life in the USA is expensive and luxurious, Epoch has features that no other PCP manufacturer has so far, but still all of that cannot justify this price!

Reactions: qball
I can not afford it , not even at $1234.56..so I do not care how much it costs, most people can not justify the cost whether they live here or TimBuckToo.
All is good in the advancement of the future, new things, new toys, I look and wait for the trickle-down "thing" unfortunately usually from China in a copycat way....uh but I am saved,I will just read the BS and after decades of doing so know what to expect at a much later date.Gone or improved,the new Mk4 model with all the things you were hoping for in the M1, but wait, if you order today not only will you get,1,but 3 worthless goodies that do any good because they do not fit.
Yes,I am being facetious, but truthfully glad to see all the new ways of doing old things better.
Being a shooter for over 60 years,I sometimes have to think this", How did we get so good at what we did with what we had".
The answer is simple ."You do the best you can do with what you have".That is why those famous old shooters were better, they shot and BS was left for the round table; Bartender pour me another one.

What kind of connection is there where I live, I didn't emphasize that I had a problem, and I don't live in "Bosnia" but in Bosnia and Herzegovina!...
Only that of being way far away and not knowing what internet service you have etc .. There was NOTHING political about it

So as asked by a few .. WHAT WAS THE ISSUE ?
;)

Reactions: tibor
The video go me curious, if you take it hunting would it snitch on you?
run-dave-chappelle.gif

Reactions: Bigragu
So here a few weeks later ... I have a EPOCH in house & been playing with it as weather allows.

COCKING JAM .. or as discovered a MAGAZINE jam preventing closing of breech / cock handle ... OR, just firing an empty shot.

Well it happened a few times to me being similar to OP of this thread in video.
* What the hell was the issue .... The skirt of a pellet just catching the tabs of the magazines cover plate was found at fault.
If I firmly knuckle tapped the loaded mag it would free up .. OR, removing mag from rifle would see a pellet 1/2 way visible to being able to load, or an empty hole.
Starting to remove Mags cover plate and the pellet cassette would jump and all would line up & work again.

This simple mod is taking a small file and placing a bevel on the edges of the 3 index tabs of cover plate, thus prevented a pellets skirt for snagging & getting hung up ... it IF & WHEN a pellet skirt was rotating by it when up against the cover plate.

YES SKOUT has been forwarded this finding FWIW ;)

j.jpg