JTS pros & cons

Uda,
Many words of wisdom regarding the JTS Airacuda exist in the archives. Upper right corner of page search, "Airacuda Updates," for starters, skip first 5-6 pages as they got off on a tangent. Then search, "JTS Airacuda," using, "WorriedMan," in the member search box, I've been very open with my MAX experiences. WM

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I’ve only laid my hands on one for a buddy. Set it up for him and the gun was stellar for what he paid for it. I’ve seen more good than bad reports. BUT, I don’t disregard the negative reports. I believe they are true and not just ramblings of a hamfist and his first PCP. It’s because of where they are made. If high end companies can produce some lemons, there’s no doubt JTS can. My advice is that they are good guns for the money. Don’t focus all your energy on searching for how great the gun is or not. Research who you are buying one from and their return policy and reputation. If you get one that’s whacked, return it for a good one.

A Kral or Benjamin is a Turkish airgun. When you cock the gun and squeeze the trigger, all of that is a level above the Turkish stuff with the JTS. It may be a Chinese chicken, but it’s next level. Snowpeaks and other China guns have a cheapness to them. I could be fooled with a JTS if they claimed they were made somewhere less sketchy.

I have the .25 JTS Airacuda standard and have had zero problems so far,have shot maybe a tin and a half of pellets thru it.. it is very accurate and when I say accurate I mean repeatedly clipping pencil thick limbs off at 37-40 yds. My air gauge never budges after a fill no leaks, has a good trigger no complaints.
Head shot a few squirrels out to 40 yds with it in the fall. Also love their magazines,only complaint I have is a little heavy and stock could be trimmed down to thinner profile.

I purchased the .22 JTS Aircuda Standard model that is unregulated with a "choke" adjuster. I have put over 4,000 rounds thru it with zero issues and the accuracy is good as well. I love this rifle!

Word out there is, parts are hard to get and the customer service is poor!

Again I will say, I love this rifle but If I were to be totally honest, I would not recommend JTS!

You asked? 😇

Reactions: ToddGeddes63
I think with JTS it comes down to whether or not you require a moderator. If yes then it's a crap shoot as I have seen so many complaints of clipping from stacking tolerances. I have a .22 Standard and don't use a moderator, and I don't think it's loud at all.

I am happy with mine, and the build quality is nice. Magazines don't have a round count indicator and if you don't keep count you will be dry firing and wasting air, but they are all metal, rugged, and simple to load. On the Standard, the stock comb is low so my cheek weld is closer to a chin weld, still need to get around to getting a cheek pad on it. The adjustable power is a nice feature.

It is quiet with Buck Rail moderator and not so bad stock OEM shroud moderator. I have an Arken scope on mine with the Buck Rail moderator. I think it would be hard to have a quieter, more effective backyard air gun that doesn't look like a "space gun" for the price

Airacuda .22 Arken Buck Rail DnyFL.jpg

From the very first thing I saw about the Airacuda air guns I was knd of impressed, but eh made in China thing really is a big dissapointment for me.
I scratch my head every time I read disparaging comments like this one towards all products made in China. I currently have 4 Air Venturi Avengers rifles one first gen and three second gen Avenge-X two .22 and two .25 cal and so far all of them have provided me with excellent service. The only exception was with the .22 cal whose pellets sometimes got jammed between the muzzle and the OEM magazines, a issue that I solved immediately after I started using the Maple aftermarket magazines.

IMG_9013.jpeg

IMG_8903.jpeg

IMG_6450.png

Last edited:
I scratch my head every time I read disparaging comments like this one towards all products made in China. I currently have 4 Air Venturi Avengers rifles one first gen and three second gen Avenge-X two .22 and two .25 cal and so far all of them have provided me with excellent service. The only exception was with the .22 cal whose pellets sometimes got jammed between the muzzle and the OEM magazines, a issue that I solved immediately after I started using the Maple aftermarket magazines.

View attachment 437374

View attachment 437375

View attachment 437376
My feelings toward China made products has nothing to do with quality, I just prefer not to give my money to China in the rare instances where ther is an alternative, and in the air gun market, there are alternatives.

I do own one chinese air rifle. I bought it because it was an exteamly affordable entry into the PCP market and has been a decent reliable rifle.
When I decided to move up the PCP ladder, I willingly paid more for quality products not made in that country.

You spend your money how you see fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rizz01
My feelings toward China made products has nothing to do with quality, I just prefer not to give my money to China in the rare instances where ther is an alternative, and in the air gun market, there are alternatives.

I do own one chinese air rifle. I bought it because it was an exteamly affordable entry into the PCP market and has been a decent reliable rifle.
When I decided to move up the PCP ladder, I willingly paid more for quality products not made in that country.

Do you realize that probably 80% of items on an average household ( yes even yours ) come from China ?...And China makes great quality stuff by the way.

Reactions: boscoebrea
It is quiet with Buck Rail moderator and not so bad stock OEM shroud moderator. I have an Arken scope on mine with the Buck Rail moderator. I think it would be hard to have a quieter, more effective backyard air gun that doesn't look like a "space gun" for the price

View attachment 437373
The Standard is such a good gun for the price point.

Do you realize that probably 80% of items on an average household ( yes even yours ) come from China ?...And China makes great quality stuff by the way.
Yes, I am aware of that, but as I said, When I have a choice, i willingly pay more for items not made by the Chinese.
Quality is not the issue, issue and lets just leave it at that so as not pervert this thread into a political discussion.

But most of your brands that you like dont hesitate to have production in China and almost 80% of your sfuff are made in China