Put a scope on my HW45

Wasn't have much accuracy with my HW45 .177 open sight, I put a $60.00 BSA 2 x 20 on it. WOW what a difference, I guess my old eyes needed a scope and I love it. Already had a Beeman scope on my P1 .20 cal so now they match.

Please share your pics of your Beeman or HW scoped pistols.

DSCN4252.1632435261.JPG

DSCN4253.1632435283.JPG

DSCN4166.1632435505.JPG

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
One problem with red dot sights... is people buy cheap sights and all they see is a big star or a dot with a halo around it. So they put down ALL red dot sights. NOT true. I find it really funny, that people will lay out over $1,500 or $1,600, $2000, then...buy a $75 red dot and complain..!

To start with, buy a quality sight. You normally get what you pay for in this case.

1. Holosun, Leupold DeltaPoint Pro, Trijicon MRO, Steiner DRS1X and Txxx series. Even the Burris and Vortex are marginally, ok. A bit of a crapshoot, model wise.

2. Keep the brightness LOW... Only turn the dot / ring dot, brightness up until you can barely see it during your shooting.

3. The green dot, over the red sights are helpful too.

4. LOOK AT THE TARGET, not the retical.

I'm old... almost 71. I've bought a lot of sights, and done a lot of experimenting to get past MY astigmatism and bifocal use. The Prism (like the Steiner) type sights work well too.

Even the Holographic sights that are supposed to be bad with the astigmatism work...with the intensity turned down. I've got an EOTech 512 on one gun. YES, the red is blown out IF...the intensity is turned up ! IF...you keep it low, so you can "just" see the reticle...it works fine..!

Mike

P.S. - Stick with the 2 or 3 minute dot size. Anthing larger, you'll be disappointed. If you need a larger dot for a much longer distance, get a scope. Red dot sights are better for 50 yrds. and under.

Very Good advice from Mike…..keep the Red dot down to 2 or 3 MOA and make sure its of the high quality type intended for Firearms…

For spectacle wearers, forget it, as they magnify, and blur the dot. Go for a scope…

The fundamental for sporting air pistol in field, is the fitting of such a sighting aid to remove the sight base issue, and 500 fps minimum in .177 cal….to get the pellet out of the gun before the comical recoil sets in….
721F1778-1322-4744-9A74-F09D67157299.1632509717.jpeg

Very nice set ups guys….Its the way to go, and if you haven't already, start to think about setting up your pistol with a quality dot or scope. Your eyes will inevitably start to struggle with opens as you move through your 40s but at any age, scopes and dots, negate the limiting factor of short sight radius. You are stuck with opens under strict 10m target competition rules but its a dull way to shoot once you have tried pistols in field like this…you are missing out.