Pyramid dropped the ball...

Lying is never "just business". Falling short of customer expectations is.

It wasn't a lie. It was the best estimate the employee could give you given the info they had at the time. A delivery date is a prediction. Not a promise. The future is difficult to predict.

The person that "lied" to you was representing an organization. All organizations have challenges. Sometimes things dont go right. A customer certainly has the right to be disappointed.

The same person that "lied" on behalf of the company will also issue you a refund and/or a sincere apology. That's their job.

A lie to me is a concious untruth. Someone telling you one thing knowing it is false. This just isn't it. It's just a pellet order that took to long for you to get.
Wrong. But I also believe in the second amendment which allows You to say that. I have that right as well.

Wrong. But I also believe in the second amendment which allows You to say that. I have that right as well.
That would be the 1st amendment free speech, the 2nd amendment is the right to keep and bear arms. But without the 2nd, the 1st would probably go away, as would the others.

I would let them ship it, then refuse the order. Let them pay to ship it back. You are correct. If it takes 2 days to put an item in a box.... the company NEEDS to hire more people or fire the slackers they already have.

A great idea! It will cost the company to ship it back! That will punish them in the pocketbook where it counts!

They should fire the slackers and restaff the whole outfit. And fix those policies that don't work. Get some smart people in there...

I'm hoping you realize this is all sarcasm. If not I hope it does not offend you when you do realize it. I apologize for having fun at your expense...

• Haha
Reactions: Ezana4CE
Some good voices of reason in this thread.

Not sure what wired some folks brains to expect everyone to operate flawlessly in perfect order, but....mistakes happen, delays happen.

Refusing shipment? Vindictive much?

Their shipment times are not guaranteed, and if it is/was in writing to be guaranteed, please share...

1724875685439.png

You placed the order Tuesday, probably after noon eastern I bet, and its only been a day...jumping the gun much? It is a holiday season...

-Matt

Maybe their standard operations are being adversely impacted by the upcoming Pyramyd Air Cup competition, happening in a couple of weeks?

Probably not 'business as usual' at PA right now.

Same thing seems to happen at UA a month or so before the beginning of the RMAC.

Not making any excuses for anyone, but since it could be a temporary situation, it is tough for a business to 'staff up', and then have to get rid of the extra staff when the external event is over and things are back to normal.

P.S.: Saying something has 'shipped' upon creation of the shipping label also irks me to no end.

Something has truly 'shipped' once it is in the carrier's possession, and not before.

Some good voices of reason in this thread.

Not sure what wired some folks brains to expect everyone to operate flawlessly in perfect order, but....mistakes happen, delays happen.

Refusing shipment? Vindictive much?

Their shipment times are not guaranteed, and if it is/was in writing to be guaranteed, please share...

View attachment 491836

You placed the order Tuesday, probably after noon eastern I bet, and its only been a day...jumping the gun much? It is a holiday season...

-Matt
I placed it 1;00 EST. I was told it would go out Wed, and given a Thurs delivery. I can only go by what I was told. That is not jumping the gun. Sorry.

Reactions: Bandito
I placed it 1;00 EST. I was told it would go out Wed, and given a Thurs delivery. I can only go by what I was told. That is not jumping the gun. Sorry.

Yea, that's great, mistakes happen, but according to their website F.A.Q.....it won't ship out until tomorrow, and with the cup + holiday around the corner, maybe not another day or two after.

-Matt

Reactions: Bandito
Same as when you purchase Merchandise along with Pellets? If Lying to a Customer is "just business" then it needs to change.
Why? If they care any to start with none of this would go on .. lol

I remember when newegg was a electronic supply and was great . Solid piercing good stuff and fast service and shipping .

Then they went to be like Amazon and selling anything under the sun .. well. Here you are with pyramid.. same ol thing .. pa use to be a first go to , to I hardly go to ..lol. How the mighty have fallen.. 😭

Heck can't even shop due to fighting off there in house popups.

Spin the wheel , buy now and save , can I help you , times running out , ask a expert ...lol

I can see the Comanche war party gathering on the banks of the Canadian River down below. The Great chief Ten Beers leads them riding a huge white horse adorned with paint. From his lance hangs the scalps of the pellet distributors that made him wait.

Many warriors are joining the fight. There will be a bloody battle on the plains of the forum. Men will scream in anguish. When it's all over the pellets will arrive when they get here.

YES America ! land of expected instant results . PA and everyone else is running holiday specials , so customers x10 . Some people buy two different tins of pellets and get the 10 % off times 400 customers or more and they are all expecting it in the same two day's.

The Holiday Special that just started today?

You're still glossing over their F.A.Q. and the fact you placed your order after NOON EST on Tuesday. Sorry you took some employees word for it, maybe they're new?.

Do you want that employee fired or something for the misquote or can you accept the mistake and move on with your life?

-Matt