HW/Weihrauch Quality Springer observation.

HW 57's have always intrigued me , guess i will have to try one now .
I have mine set up with aperture rear sights, front is fixed so no way to alter or change it. I am not about to sit here and tell you it's the greatest thing going, but as far as handy and light, yes. I do mostly plinking, I like soda cans out to 20-30 yards, and stand up and shoot offhand, My days of match type shooting are far behind me, trying for the smallest groups on a piece of paper no longer interests me as it did at one time. I have some of those lightweight soda cans suspended on strings under an old sawhorse and when the breeze makes them dance a little it makes for fun shooting, even as close as 10 -15 yards.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
I was thinking buy the cheap refrrb in spring to rebuild my gas ram vortex failure.. then I can go to arh for future maintenance..lol

I have a Mod 65 comp tube assembled. No trigger. I think it's exactly the same as a 95. It might have a broken spring. The trigger broke and I scrapped the rifle.

Its yours for the price of shipping.

So tonight I shot my new Cometa 400 in .22. Synthetic stock. Gas spring.

It's a lot better quality than I expected. The metal work is finished well. It locks up good and breaks easily.

The shot cycle is exactly like my vortek tuned D34. It's snappier and less springy than either of my untuned HW's. It's honestly fantastic when it goes off. I'm impressed!

It is light. It handles great. The synthetic stock fits well and has a nice wide grip. The trigger does not have a clean break but it's surprisingly unobjectionable. It's not a model trigger. But it it's very workable.

It's not fancy. It has some plastic parts and the rear sight is not stellar. The butt plate is not soft nor grippy.

It is accurate. After fifty shots I was hitting every target I pointed it at. After 200 shots I was dully impressed. It's no joke.

It seems like it's faster than any springer I shoot. I'm going to chrono it tomorrow and see.

I think it balances quality and cost pretty well. I think it will shoot almost as well as my German rifles on paper. I'm going to find that out tomorrow as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishing43