Question about Air Force Condor tank

I purchased a used air force condor in .22 many years ago, but was unable to ever get it to work. I am pretty sure it has an "old style" twist off tank.
I recently purchased a 4500psi hand pump with the idea of charging the Condor tank and having some fun with it.
After several false starts with incorrect adaptors, etc, I was finally able to get the correct parts assembled, and was able to pump the tank up to 2700 psi.
However, when I opened the pressure relief valve on the back of the hand pump, a constant stream of air came out, releasing all the pressure in the tank.
I pumped it back up again, but without releasing that pressure valve at the back up the pump, I am unable to disconnect the tank from the pump, either at the quick disconnect coupling, or by unscrewing the Air force Adaptor from the tank itself.
I suspect the pressure in the pump hose is preventing me from separating the tank from the pump.
I also suspect the valve on the tank may be bad, but do not have enough knowledge to make that determination.
I have called Air force customer support several times, but for the week or so that I have been calling, they do not answer, nor return my messages.
This is my first and only pcp air gun, so I know next to nothing.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

This could be your problem. Call Air fforce for replacement

Resized_20221124_150744.jpg

Screenshot_20221227-215643_Samsung Internet.jpg

20221227_164441.jpg

"I pumped it back up again, but without releasing that pressure valve at the back up the pump, I am unable to disconnect the tank from the pump, either at the quick disconnect coupling, or by unscrewing the Air force Adaptor from the tank itself."
Good! Do NOT even try unhooking any pcp under pressure, so many bad things that can happen.

For what ever reason your valve is stuck open, BLEED & remove. Might ( umm , how old?) be just crud in there and cleaning would fix it right up. Maybe abit more likely the valve-stem- is shot and you need a new one.
As you have an older model do be certain to get the correct valve.

Fun, super powerful rigs when working correctly. I have an AF Escape UL that is as accurate as my old Career 707II and not all that far off from the same power.

Note; I really know nothing of AF airguns (except I now own one after avoiding them since 2000) and it seems to me the BIG hassle with switching to the modern ring-loc tank is drilling the one retaining hole & threading? Seems like thier web site had some slight info once upon a time (must send rifle in ...).

Keep us posted.

John