N/A Question for you FX Boss owners

The newer bosses are shorter.
FX cut a piece of the shroud (about 5cm/2 inches) so the air rifle can fit in their standard case and they have 1 less case type to manufacture. (costs)

So the new bosses sound like crap (shrilly or what's the word for it...) and i think they're less accurate too but i can't prove that last bit.
I personally think it's crazy to just cut off the shroud of such an iconic rifle only to cut down production cost a bit, but i'm not a marketing expert obviously.

• Wow
Reactions: Airgun Al
The newer bosses are shorter.
FX cut a piece of the shroud (about 5cm/2 inches) so the air rifle can fit in their standard case and they have 1 less case type to manufacture. (costs)

So the new bosses sound like crap (shrilly or what's the word for it...) and i think they're less accurate too but i can't prove that last bit.
I personally think it's crazy to just cut off the shroud of such an iconic rifle only to cut down production cost a bit, but i'm not a marketing expert obviously.
Would you happen to know at what serial number the shortening began, @100mtrbench ?

Thanks
Edward

• Haha
Reactions: Airgun Al
Boss does NOT have a power wheel, never did. Royale has power wheel in all Royale calibers (.177, .22. .25). There's about a 1lb difference with the lighter cf bottle. If you can get one GRAB IT!!! Don't be looking to shoot slugs, they're pellets only due to Original Smooth Twist barrel. Keep us posted. I want to hear what happens!
Check out this video:
My Royale does not have a power wheel.
Perhaps it fell off!
And Ive never heard about FX cutting a few inch's off the Boss, to fit a case either!

IMG_4849.JPG

Would you happen to know at what serial number the shortening began, @100mtrbench ?

Thanks
Edward
Well at the latest from the moment they got those QR scan codes on the side.
And the Boss never had/has a power wheel.
The Royale did not have a regulator. (never had i think but not sure on that)
The Boss always had a regulator.

@Airgun Al
After someone in my shooting group tried my FX boss at his range (because i couldn't get it to group for sh*t) he noticed mine was shorter.
Measured it, 5cm shorter. Barrel is same length.
I email FX about this, like "wtf why did you do this" except nicer, and they replied they did it because, and i quote:
"Barrel it self is not shorten, it is the shroud. This was made because it was hard to find case for the FX boss with longer shroud."

Of course this is kind of a bullpoop reason, because the FX boss comes IN A CASE, so i think they just didn't want to produce an extra type of case anymore just for the boss, and wanted the boss to fit in a standard case so they thought:, "well lets make it shorter then yolo" .

FYI , the absolute newest Panthera's also come in pooptier cases now. It's greyish instead of black and it's less thick.

Well at the latest from the moment they got those QR scan codes on the side.
And the Boss never had/has a power wheel.
The Royale did not have a regulator. (never had i think but not sure on that)
The Boss always had a regulator.

@Airgun Al
After someone in my shooting group tried my FX boss at his range (because i couldn't get it to group for sh*t) he noticed mine was shorter.
Measured it, 5cm shorter. Barrel is same length.
I email FX about this, like "wtf why did you do this" except nicer, and they replied they did it because, and i quote:
"Barrel it self is not shorten, it is the shroud. This was made because it was hard to find case for the FX boss with longer shroud."

Of course this is kind of a bullpoop reason, because the FX boss comes IN A CASE, so i think they just didn't want to produce an extra type of case anymore just for the boss, and wanted the boss to fit in a standard case so they thought:, "well lets make it shorter then yolo" .

FYI , the absolute newest Panthera's also come in pooptier cases now. It's greyish instead of black and it's less thick.
A little clarification:
According the FX Parts Schematic the Rpyale 400 is equipped with a regulator
The 500 too, I believe

Edward

A little clarification:
According the FX Parts Schematic the Rpyale 400 is equipped with a regulator
The 500 too, I believe

Edward
Yes i see now, somewhere during it's lifetime it received a regulator.
I have no idea when that happened, thanks for clarification

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
Just a update on my search for a Boss.
First off I haven't been watching this thread and to be honest I thought it had drifted off into AGN's history.
As for the purchase of the new Boss at the local shop I have not. Just can't justify the price for a gun I would like to have but don't need.
I do have a question for you guys that own a Boss. Is the newer shorter version (which is the one that the local shop has). Lesser of a gun then the older style gun? As in louder or harder to tune for a certain pellet or issues with reliablity?

Just a update on my search for a Boss.
First off I haven't been watching this thread and to be honest I thought it had drifted off into AGN's history.
As for the purchase of the new Boss at the local shop I have not. Just can't justify the price for a gun I would like to have but don't need.
I do have a question for you guys that own a Boss. Is the newer shorter version (which is the one that the local shop has). Lesser of a gun then the older style gun? As in louder or harder to tune for a certain pellet or issues with reliablity?

Ha ha…

You sure have a lot of questions (and interest) for someone who has repeatedly said that you don’t need or can justify the $2K price. Are you sure you don’t want one? 😊

LOL! I absolutely want one. The reason for the question is I have a line on an older Boss. It has the synthetic stock and aluminum bottle which is not what I was looking for. But the price is more inline with what I’m willing to pay. So I was just wondering if there was a difference from new to old.

Curious - How much is the cheaper Boss?

For your consideration as you think about this scenario……

If the cheaper Boss with synthetic stock and aluminum bottle is not what you want, go take a drive and make an offer for the one you want. Ask if there is a warrantee and for how long.

Look - you have been drooling over this platform for six years. Your words, not mine. Better to get the gun you want vs. getting a used Boss that you will be unhappy with.

Btw - I don’t know of one unhappy Boss owner on AGN. I love mine, and I bought it used and in fantastic shape from an AGN reputable member.

Reactions: coastal drifter

Just trying to tempt you…