Questions about tuxing model TXET061-1 spraying water

Hi, my compressor is spitting water, um, help?
I'm just starting, and this is an issue I've noticed with my 2nd filling. Should I leave the bottom valve open during operation to drain atmospheric water, it passed through my so-called filter, so I'm emptying the tank while mussing about buying kitty litter to make a desiccant trap where the polystyrene? Polyurethane? Filter is. Reading the manual is garbage.😐

Reactions: anonymous_.457
All valves should be closed AFTER compressor & water pumps start operating (never stop or start compressor under pressure) . If your compressor has a cyclonic water separator, it should be purged every 5 minutes or so for a few seconds. I'm ASSUMING it's the "bottom valve" you mentioned. Not being familiar with your compressor and having no pictures from you I can only assume on the basis of running compressors in general. I did have a Tuxing TO32 for a while but don't know how it compares to yours.

Hi, thanks.
YouTube isn't helping, hence my membership here. I've gone through the upper 80's of videos using different search terms to try to find a resolution.
Let's see if this description works better. There are two valves on the body of the compressor, one under the body, and one under the output nipple on the side. I used the compressor successfully the first time. Both valves were closed until the end of the cycle. The second time I filled the tank, water came out of the fill hose after removing it from the tank. It saturated the so-called water filter attachment. Upon inspection I'm guessing I hadn't drained the condensate from the first filling by way of the purge valve on the bottom of the compressor. (I'm guessing that's it's function).
To those who are familiar to the mechanics of said brand, am I correct in my assumption, and what should I do to rectify the excess water already present? Should I run the machine with the purge valve open, replace the filter(which looks like polystyrene tubing, the kind used to make those water noodles[ I can't imagine they actually filter out any water whatsoever])
Thank you for your interest.

Even though reading manual is "garbage," seems like best way to understand reason for, and usage of, bottom-mounted valve. Also, would search manual for suggested max fill recommendations, most water-less, oil-less, high-speed fan cooled compressors are gun fill only. Periodic opening/closing of pressure relief valve will help expel bulk moisture but some will still get through. Many who generate high-pressure air institute additional filtering systems to assure only the cleanest, driest air possible. Suggest searching archives (upper right page corner) for "coalescing water filter," "molecular sieve filter," and "PCP compressor filters," as a start. WM

Hi, thanks.
I'm not opposed to reading manuals, it's just that mine isn't full of all the tidbits of knowledge that you're stating should be present. Thank you for the tips, I'll be using them going forward.
Would be interested what bottom mounted valve is for, might be a drain to be left open when machine not in use, haven't noticed before on similar style compressors. Truth is water-less, oil-less, high-speed fan cooled, multi-power compressors are good for, under normal use, 20-25 hours or a year to year and a half, before needing a rebuild. Sadly, rebuild success seems limited. Catch-22 when adding additional filters since required pressurizing of those filters eats into limited runtime hours. Some use one-way valve configurations to keep filters pressurized during filling, searching archives should provide answers. Best of Luck, WM

If you're new to all this, I would stick with the white filter. If you're seriously talking about using kitty litter for a filter that might cause additional issues.
As far as bleeding any water off I usually go 10-15min on my AV4500 but I also have a secondary filter downstream of the compressor.
Also, when you do bleed the moisture off just give it quick burst open and close, about a second's worth. Any longer than that will probably deplete more compressed air than necessary, lengthening the overall time to fill your tank.

Remember a picture is worth a thousand words, so use several pictures, If you have two gold filters on the outlet side of the compressor, the first one is drained SLOWLY every 5 min or so, depending on your humidity area, until it pretty much stops. I only drain #2 at the end of the run, AFTER blasting air out of #1. I also have a 3rd filter, a molecular sieve. Honesty time here, I've NEVER taken any of them apart. Tuxing has made sure the two on the compressor are tightened by the biggest person on the planet, I'm of the mind that they'll be cosmetically messed up when I have to use a pipe wrench to hold it, oh well.

Reactions: jking
Lol, I'm getting the idea I stepped into a bigger mire than I was expecting
Welcome to the Rabbit Hole®. If you weren't warned, well, we'd apologize but.....some have a sadistic sense of humor watching other repeat ill-fated history. Just keep it drained and you'll be fine unless you're in an awful humidity state then, add more filters. You'd said something about a kitty litter filter? Worst idea EVER, you get those particles in your gun and all bets are off.