Quick work with the GK1

Took these four egyptian geese out with headshots in less than thirty seconds. I really love the huben platforms, I love the ability to pest and change targets quickly without taking my hand of the trigger. Getting these guys to move to a safer spot to shoot took way longer than shooting them. As far as I know, there is only one Egyptian goose caller, and I have not seen any reviews on it. So I call them using youtube egyptian goose sounds, and this usually has a 50/50 chance of them flying away to join a flock or walking around and following me. This time around they followed the noise on foot for about 7 minutes until they decided to just keep wandering. Not sure if the building walls echos were messing with where they could her the calls from but they put themselves in a favorable position, which I quickly took advanteg of!

20241015_084349.jpg

Patience pays off, nice shots.
You eat goose? Would make good dinner :)

View attachment 504511
I've had them before and ai currently have goosebreast in my freezer. I asked my grandma to make it and she made a beef stew out of it. It should cooked for longer so it would've been tender, but it had amazing flavor and the kids and wanted more and more of it.

I told my fiancé that if we're that tired of turkey, we'll just make it a goose dinner for thanksgiving lol

Reactions: Ranchibi
Nice shooting!
I'm always in search of the unicorn or Swiss Army knife of whatever hobby I'm doing.
And you are certainly making the GK1 look like the unicorn gun I'm after.
It seems to tick all the boxes.
I will tell you that out of the nearly 30 pcps that I have had my hands on. This is by far my favorite, and the only gun I have ever purchased twice with my own money. It's compact, it's sexy, you can do whatever you want in terms of build. You can tune it howeverr you like, it shoots as if regulated, the trigger is amazing and the power range is wild.

The only downfall for me with this rig is that you have to lock out with magazine. If you have a magazine where the chambers are too big you will have a hard time finding a pellet that fond fall in. And you will have a hard time finding slugs. The AEA pellets NEED to be seated for the to go in the chambers and you can seat them flush, or you can use about 5lbs of force eith a pen to push them all the way in.

I alsu run the .223 VK slugs which are .2228 size and they are perfect, I can only push them in to fit flush.

I do have a 218 sized magazine from kelly coming in today which I will put different slugs through to see how well they fit, and at some point test it out of my GK1 and K1.

Reactions: AmosBurton