I don't know how hard it is to get that dovetail scope base.

If it's a rare item, I was wondering if you can modify this scope rail to fit the R10 receiver. The bottom is concave and ...you can drill and tap for a screw. As I remember the curvature of the receiver for my R10 was not too aggressive sooo it should fit.

I couldn't find a dovetail bottom rail. You might want to change it to a Picatinny rail.

1724460702171.png

Wait I just found a dovetail bottom rail. Don't know if it'll fit. Good thing about Amazon ...free return if it doesn't fit.

1724462049601.png

Last edited:
The rail does not screw on the R10, it is held on with a steel tab to the action, and 2 screws to the trigger housing. Check out this Pyramid air blog and Tom covers it pretty good.

Reactions: JP806TX
I’m getting old. Haven’t opened up my R10 in a long time. Thank you for the reminder there was a steel tab to hold on and align ? The rail.

I think the rail from Amazon can still be modified to fit there if you are handy. All you need to do to simulate the tab is to drill and tap for a bolt and drill and tap a flat rectangular metal piece to act as a tab. Check for clearance. File to fit then JB weld the assembly in place.