• The buying, selling, trading, or gifting of a standalone airgun moderator is prohibited in the Classified section. An airgun moderator may be included in your ad ONLY if it is "affixed" to the airgun. Please review the updated Classified Rules and Known Scammers List before engaging in ANY transaction.

Feedback racalon=Caution...

2L8

Feb 8, 2019
Denver, Colorado, United States
Not sure of the whole story about the Impact M3 Compact .25 I bought that he claimed to have bought "4 months ago" from a dealer in Scottsdale AZ. Did not say whether it was a new or used purchase and I don't know how the dealer presented it.

What I received was what he advertised as far as components, along with quick next day shipping through AoA. Condition was less than I expected for a 4 month old gun with "only 200 pellets" through it.

My research of this M3 provided me this information;

• Was manufactured in April 2021 which was the introduction date of the M3. Melissa from FX USA verified this by my serial #.
  • Came with the 500mm Harmonic balancer shroud kit that was "not installed", but clearly had lead residue and adjustment marks.
  • Some kind of residue, sealant and silicone that was gooped around the front of the barrel breach/bottle adapter that caused the barrel and shroud to be "glued" to the breach block. Major effort I have not experienced to remove an FX barrel.
  • 1st regulator was adjusted fully all the way out enough to jam it and be register 205bar on the gauge. I had to break the reg loose from binding to get it to move clockwise in order to seat it and re-adjust counterclockwise to 150bar.
  • 2nd regulator set to 150+bar.
  • The clincher this was a Frankenstein/3rd hand M3 was when I pulled the barrel out I noticed two things right off, It had a single "pellet" port and no "slug" port and...It had grubscrew markings in the back near the transfer port that would only be from a Maverick or Wildcat, not an Impact.
  • Asked for the sales receipt to help facilitate any warranty work I might need. No response.
  • Stated he was "legit". 

That's enough. Just be cautious.

Patrick

Sorry to hear that.. I stopped buying used guns..I only purchased used guns in $900 n below but when I started going $1,500+ only new will do for me $300 or $400 less.. I better go new it doesn't worth the hassle .. to many tuners with dremels n car mechanic tools..working on rifles.... it happened to me with a bipod from a very well known..airgunnrer.. it was said that thr bipod was in perfect condition low use n no more than 5 months old .. it is scratched n part has way more play than 5 months...also people have different point of view of what's almost new..or in great condition..

Thank you all for the comments. Carl is correct in that AoA was just the shipper, and very reasonable at that. Claim was he bought it at Penchetta Pen and Knife in Cave Creek AZ who is an FX dealer. Have not verified his purchase there. So, not sure who is responsible for the piecemeal. Fortunately I am very capable and knowledgeable with all the FX platforms from the Dreamline on. Now that I have set it back to factory settings for benchmarking it is quite a lovely gun with a smooth shot cycle and very accurate to boot.

Patrick