N/A Range Change

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
All summer I said I was going to get more distance on the range. This week I did that. Spent the better part of 3 days clearing and digging out approx. 7-8 tons of earth. Was hoping for fifty yds. 47 will do.
I had a trellis that I was scraping, so I took one side as my frame, bonus. I put a dozen 4” wood screws in joints to solidify it.
I salvaged a few steel plates to hang.
Also for paper I made a stable platform and a tin roof above it to deflect rain. Found rain devastating the paper, hope this works. A few cans of course. Spinners on order.
IMG_7256.jpeg
I can reach the top plate to paint. This will be a temp set up. Kinda threw it together getting dark. Can easily rearrange the targets.
IMG_7255.jpeg

The few white targets I used, 42-44 yds. And this is from my table.
IMG_7258.jpeg
This going to be a lot better. With winter hitting these will all be useable, being off the ground. l managed to crack off a few shots before the sun disappeared. Crow

Sweet. Makes the rolling backstop I’m going to build look like child’s play 😁
Thanks. Four days digging for 5 yds. Crow
WOW , if i only had room like that . my range is on the side of a cliff , so a straight line of targets . Slippery slope to change any targets beyond 16 yards
Rent a 3-4 ton machine for 2-3 days and make ledges. Crow.
Helluva setup you've got there Crow. That rain deflector over the paper targets is a great idea. (y)
Thanks. I’m getting tired of ruining targets. My paper has 12 bulls, so I don’t always finish them off, but the rain does. Just scrap from my build.
IMG_7266.jpeg
I have to cut the base to line so water won’t splash. Crow
I envy you for all your fabulous airguns Crow but I must say, I envy you the most for your EXCAVATOR! Talk about having all the toys, lol! Nice work.
Thanks. I sold the excavator and dump truck. Had for three years. By far most awesome toys. Repairs are way out of my league, Catapillar, sold before the 1995 machine gave up, it’s unreal what you can do with a 20 ton machine. Bought a Kabota tractor. Crow
Hmmm if i had a place for an EXCAVATOR! , but i do have a cliff of a range 😎
😂
I like Crow's posts , it like Christmas or 4th of July . every day is a new adventure . A lot o people complain "only 24 yards"
ok shoot smaller targets @ 24 yds , make some 1/2 inch spinners from washers.
Thanks Stan, but you have to be bored to death if you find this this adventurous. Crow
Already revised it. Crow
IMG_7261.jpeg

I like Crow's posts , it like Christmas or 4th of July . every day is a new adventure . A lot o people complain "only 24 yards"
ok shoot smaller targets @ 24 yds , make some 1/2 inch spinners from washers.
Long range is more fun but even 20 yards will tell you a lot about accuracy and 20 feet indoors is enough to practice offhand and kneeling with open sights if you strive for pellet on pellet.

Long range is more fun but even 20 yards will tell you a lot about accuracy and 20 feet indoors is enough to practice offhand and kneeling with open sights if you strive for pellet on pellet.
Great range Crow. Yes shooting at longer distances really is a lot of fun but can be frustrating at times. At our previous address the longest I could shoot was about 130 yards without having to clear any more scrub from the back of the dam.
When I had my 🍋 Hw30 I would spend hours shooting targets at that distance in any wind. Went through heaps of pellets.
🥴
Gary

Reactions: crowski
Thanks. Four days digging for 5 yds. Crow

Rent a 3-4 ton machine for 2-3 days and make ledges. Crow.

Thanks. I’m getting tired of ruining targets. My paper has 12 bulls, so I don’t always finish them off, but the rain does. Just scrap from my build. View attachment 405233I have to cut the base to line so water won’t splash. Crow

Thanks. I sold the excavator and dump truck. Had for three years. By far most awesome toys. Repairs are way out of my league, Catapillar, sold before the 1995 machine gave up, it’s unreal what you can do with a 20 ton machine. Bought a Kabota tractor. Crow

😂

Already revised it. CrowView attachment 405255
remember i live in Kentucky 😎😎😎watching paint dry is the exciting past time .

I can see the difference in another 5 yds. Crow
Great range Crow. Yes shooting at longer distances really is a lot of fun but can be frustrating at times. At our previous address the longest I could shoot was about 130 yards without having to clear any more scrub from the back of the dam.
When I had my 🍋 Hw30 I would spend hours shooting targets at that distance in any wind. Went through heaps of pellets.
🥴
Gary
Hey Gary, good to hear from you. I can get any distance, I don’t want to move off my porch. How’s the sun buggy? Crow
remember i live in Kentucky 😎😎😎watching paint dry is the exciting past time .
Somehow that’s not sticking. Crow
On the right 25-35 yds. The left to 47 yds. Ground targets will be removed soon.
IMG_7262.jpeg
Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
The sun buggy, it’s name is Cricket actually as in Jimmy Cricket, lol is going great. We went over to Fraser Island last week for a day trip. A little expensive for one day (barge fees) but it was heaps of fun.
Did some sight seeing through the rain forest, drove along the beach and went for a swim in lake McKenzie. Look it up it’s a fresh water in the middle of the island.
Gary

Reactions: crowski and Frogy
Wow nice work there. Good use of the property for your hobbies and really nice!

Allen
Thanks. Always changing. Crow

The sun buggy, it’s name is Cricket actually as in Jimmy Cricket, lol is going great. We went over to Fraser Island last week for a day trip. A little expensive for one day (barge fees) but it was heaps of fun.
Did some sight seeing through the rain forest, drove along the beach and went for a swim in lake McKenzie. Look it up it’s a fresh water in the middle of the island.
Gary
Never heard of a lake like that, cool and beautiful. Must get daily torrential rain fall to fill. Enjoy. 👍Crow