HW/Weihrauch Range time

crowski

Dec 14, 2020
On, Canada
I was able to sneak away a go to my buddies place up north. Last time I was there we cut down about a dozen trees to open his range. What a difference.
That bug thing under the tripod was flawless, not one bug.
IMG_9047.jpeg
He now has targets back to 72 yds. He only shoots iron sights but rim fire. I bought the Vickers falling block just to shoot with him. Honestly I like my springers. This is my view for my bench.
IMG_9046.jpeg
The two yellow square plates top Center is 72 yds. away. With the Vickers I brought two keepers a HW97 .20 and a HW90 .20. Did I ever say these two were special? I took advantage of the long distance because my range only goes to 47 yds. I’m not the best shot. Here’s two 15 shot groups 72 yds with the 90.
IMG_9051.jpeg
IMG_9050.jpeg
Always a great time. 3 hours of driving for 4 hours of shooting.
Still wasn’t enough. Got home, washed up ate and went back on my range with the 97 .20 again.
IMG_9052.jpeg
Two more hours of shooting. Finished at 9 PM and still light out. Here’s a 5 shot group at 35 yds. The spinners is 3/4 in.
IMG_9053.jpeg
Not enough hours in the day. Crow

IMG_9043.jpeg

Nice shootin' Crow! Looks like a great range. Thermacell makes some great products. They really keep the mosquitos at bay. If anyone is looking for a good mosquito repellent, look no further!

I was able to sneak away a go to my buddies place up north. Last time I was there we cut down about a dozen trees to open his range. What a difference.
That bug thing under the tripod was flawless, not one bug. View attachment 478769He now has targets back to 72 yds. He only shoots iron sights but rim fire. I bought the Vickers falling block just to shoot with him. Honestly I like my springers. This is my view for my bench. View attachment 478768The two yellow square plates top Center is 72 yds. away. With the Vickers I brought two keepers a HW97 .20 and a HW90 .20. Did I ever say these two were special? I took advantage of the long distance because my range only goes to 47 yds. I’m not the best shot. Here’s two 15 shot groups 72 yds with the 90. View attachment 478772View attachment 478773Always a great time. 3 hours of driving for 4 hours of shooting.
Still wasn’t enough. Got home, washed up ate and went back on my range with the 97 .20 again. View attachment 478774Two more hours of shooting. Finished at 9 PM and still light out. Here’s a 5 shot group at 35 yds. The spinners is 3/4 in.View attachment 478779Not enough hours in the day. Crow

View attachment 478771
very nice shooting HE should have a KYL target out there @ 72 yards !

Reactions: crowski
Long range is fun and challenging.
I enjoyed it. I can get any distance at my place but not off my porch, which I never stray from. Crow
Nice shootin' Crow! Looks like a great range. Thermacell makes some great products. They really keep the mosquitos at bay. If anyone is looking for a good mosquito repellent, look no further!

Thanks. Range gets better with age. Not 1 bug in cabin . Mosquitoes and Deer flies once you step out. Thermacell 👍. I have one as well. Crow
very nice shooting HE should have a KYL target out there @ 72 yards !
Thanks Stan. What’s a KYL? I don’t get out much. Crow
Nice shooting 🎯
Thanks. Crow

Reactions: Deerstalker
KYL is "Know Your Limits " a saw horse looking target with smaller and smaller spinners . You get a point for each target and you call stop before you miss . When you miss you get "0" hence "KYL"