Brocock/BRK RANGER/ ATOMIC barrel length question

Does anyone know if the Atomic / Ranger come with different barrel lengths for US and UK markets. I've just looked at the airguns of Arizona review of the Ranger AND BRKs own website and its clear the barrel length on BRKs website and in the AofA site is only about 15mm past the end of the air cyl (just enough for the moderator threads) But on my UK model its 65 mm longer than the air cyl ?? I'm trying to fathom out WHY and can I safely get and fit the shorter US market barrel if I want??

I've double checked the advert from the dealer it shows air tube and barrel same length (10.1 inch ish) all of the images on Brococks web site and all of the published magazine reviews shown on BRKs website, and all the reviews I can find on YT. ALL show barrel and air tube roughly the same length, IE only the moderator threaded bit extends past the air tube by about 15mm. But on mine purchased 17th of Aug the barrel protrudes 65mm beyond the air cyl.

I've double checked the advert from the dealer it shows air tube and barrel same length (10.1 inch ish) all of the images on Brococks web site and all of the published magazine reviews shown on BRKs website, and all the reviews I can find on YT. ALL show barrel and air tube roughly the same length, IE only the moderator threaded bit extends past the air tube by about 15mm. But on mine purchased 17th of Aug the barrel protrudes 65mm beyond the air cyl.
On mine the air cyclinder and the shroud are, both seem to be the same length… Three images of mine…
IMG_1696.jpeg
IMG_1695.jpeg
IMG_1697.jpeg

OK got a response from Brocock and makes sense to me.
""
For this year the Ranger XR is fitted with a 2” longer barrel and Shroud. Consequently, images reflect when the review/image was taken, with both lengths in the shops. All new rifles supplied worldwide are the longer type.
It has improved the shot count by 10% and also help to make the rifle quieter especially when shot without a silencer, which we felt was desirable given the compact nature of the rifle, and also because in some country’s where Rangers are popular, silencers are prohibited.""

So guys n gals if you buy a new Ranger/ Atomic it should have the longer barrel or its old stock.

Yeah, i ordered a KNS Precision AR15 Buffer to Picatinny Rail Adapter Kit to attach to the HS adjuster and a Pic Sig MPX folding stock so i can get the best of both worlds.
Nicely done, Most upgrades or customising parts you can get in the US are simply not available in the UK, and if they are they are bloody expensive.

FYI I just spent three hours at the range with some mates and the longer barrel is a bit quieter than my mates 4 year old gun, but I will still fit a moderator when hunting.

Thanks for your help today.

Reactions: Dairyboy
OK got a response from Brocock and makes sense to me.
""
For this year the Ranger XR is fitted with a 2” longer barrel and Shroud. Consequently, images reflect when the review/image was taken, with both lengths in the shops. All new rifles supplied worldwide are the longer type.
It has improved the shot count by 10% and also help to make the rifle quieter especially when shot without a silencer, which we felt was desirable given the compact nature of the rifle, and also because in some country’s where Rangers are popular, silencers are prohibited.""

So guys n gals if you buy a new Ranger/ Atomic it should have the longer barrel or its old stock.
So longer barrel and shroud by 2” for both? Wouldn’t that negate the sound moderation? If BRK only lengthened the shroud I could understand.

Reactions: Shooter22
How many adjustments are on your transfer port on that new rifle?
I just started from the top fully open position and clicked down 3 times, so 4 total TP settings. I’m going to test it over the chrony later today.
Three, Full 12 ft pound, mid about 8 and low , under 6, I get 11.4/5 on full power with 15.89s, and 11.9 with 18 .13 grain pellets