Western Airguns Rattler or sidewinder info wanted

HI I am looking at the rattler or sidewinder , My question is for .22 and 25 cal , what is the magazine depth? can they shoot heavy slugs???? if so tell me about what you shoot , and are they the same gun except for barrel length and magazines???? I am leaning twards the cheaper one not because of price but the overall length the longer one has more power my guess is from barrel length but 2 pounds is alot of difference ok thanks for replying also send pics of groups if you have any

OK so looking at Nsa slugs the 55 gr is Length is 0.485" so it is too long but the 43 gr is .398 so it would shoot this .depth of magazine , as I like shooting heavier slugs I am going to assume same length if so 38 grain is Length is .438" so this should work , and I love shooting my Mp slugs in my edguns and taipans , they are about Length i428 and in 25 cal they are same owl so should shoot them fine ,
my thoughts are in the 30 cal if you get the rattler and mag is same then you can shoot the NSA 66,5 gr , I used this slug in my r5 30 can and my evol 30 cal , but the rattler can put out 175fpe this is alot more power then any 30 cal I owned pushes them to about 900fps or 115fpe , but the rattler would push them to 1097 almost 1100fps this would be able to devistate coyotes much further distances , I just dropped a few yotes with Evol out to 95 yards aprox and it drops them in tracks ,
I would really love to hear with anyone shooting slugs in the 22 to 30 cals with groups and just how slugs are shooting I never shot one nor do I know anyone who owns one . I dont want to sell of my proven yote rig and find it doesnt shoot slugs accurately as it would be a coyote gun , I am still thinking the sidewinder which is 125fpe as it is better for carrying in woods , shot count doesnt matter much to me it is carry ability and accuracy and dependability

I have a .22 Sidewinder. The magazine without the cover on it measures 11.4 mm, so I'd stay at least 0.1-0.2 mm under that in length.

I have tried several sjugs but none have shot as well as the JSB MRD from it. Never went too far down that path though, but tried all the H&N, several NSA, Daystate Howlers and a few others without good accuracy.
The Sidewinder is not an accurate gun. You need an LCS SK19 for that. Huge difference. LCS is a nickle size group at 100 yards an the Sidewinder is a 50 cent piece groups at 50 yards. A complete waste of $2200. To bad LCS is out of business.

The Sidewinder is not an accurate gun. You need an LCS SK19 for that. Huge difference. LCS is a nickle size group at 100 yards an the Sidewinder is a 50 cent piece groups at 50 yards. A complete waste of $2200. To bad LCS is out of business.
Have you had more than one example of either the Sidewinder or LCS? Or are you just comparing two guns you shot?

I'm comparing the 3 calibers of LCS I shot to the AOA video showing a Sidewinder shooting a less than perfect group at 50 yards. I never personally shot one, but I trust AOA 110%.

My first ever 100 yard LSC group here: (time stamped)

AOA SideWinder Group here: (time stamped)

I guess it's a quarter size group at 50 yards, but an LCS would be one hole. If you buy a used LCS, AOA will service it as long as it's o-ring issues. They fixed one for me once. They can't get "hard parts", but that would be rare you would need one to service an LCS. I own a .25 SK-19 now. I sold my .22 to a friend which I wish now I had not. I didn't know LCS was going to just vanish.

If you want to shoot slugs though, I don't know if the LCS does that well. You can definately turn it up.

Last edited:
My .25 Cal LCS SK-19 @ 100 yrds... 35gr NSA slugs
Screenshot_20210810-172713_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-172648_Photos.jpg

Reactions: Ezana4CE