Rattling sound from the hammer mechanism of Hatsan Bullboss .22

Not familiar with these but is the hammer spring itself supposed to be under constant pressure/compression? If so the following prob doesn't apply.

I have several Airguns where if the hammer spring is not compressed or even held still when not cocked.. the spring will slide back and forth if I move the rifle those ways, If the spring is a smaller OD than the channel it rides in, and is not under constant pressure from the hammer, then yeah I can understand the spring and the cocking mechanism rattling when the gun is shaken.

Hate to say it, but if it works, it works..

then there was a mechanic friend who liked to tell us to "drive it till it really breaks, then we'll know what to fix"

Actually there might not be a spring compression problem.Once the gun is cocked the rattle is back. The only way to stop it from rattling is if I pull the lever just before it starts to cock the rifle. Is there a need to bring the gun to a gunsmith and disassemble and pull together everything in order to check what is the problem.
Your example with the mechanic is really good btw.

I believe the Bullboss is essentially an AT44 mechanism in bullpup form. In the AT44 there is a small screw that protrudes into the hammer tube between the front face of the hammer (when not cocked) and the firing valve on the end of the air cylinder. This screw prevents the hammer from sliding out of the tube when the air cylinder is removed. If the gun is cocked and fired when the air tube is removed, it is possible to snap this screw off. If this is the case the rattling would be present whether cocked or not. Maybe this is the rattling you hear? If so, you should get that broken piece of screw out - it could cause damage. Simply unscrew the air tube (rifle NOT COCKED) and look into the exposed hammer tube to see if a piece of screw is in there. The rifle can be used without the screw in place. Sorry to be so long winded - just want to be thorough.

Probably is something in the cocking mechanism, because when you pull the lever right before starting to load the rifle everything the rattle is gone.
I called Hatsan Turkey today, but they weren't very helpful.
I am considering to bring the rifle to a gunsmith to disassemble and assemble the rifle in order to clean everything and if there is something broken, to replace the part. 

If I think it’s what it is, I was just inside my Hatsan Hercules Bully today going thru all screws, lubing, barrel cleaning, before I put back on my newly painted stock, and I noticed the cocking arm connects to the bolt probe vis a Phillips screw with a spacer hollow dowel in between. The screw was loose. Not loose enough to rattle, but it would have been. I took the screw off, slid the dowel spacer out, cleaned both pieces, and replaced. Lathered some blue lock tite on the screw threads, and applied some moly powder on that dowel and the parts the dowel rides against. Really simple to do. 

I found all all kinds of loose screws in there(gun is a month and a half old). While your in there, get rid of that sliding cover plate that covers the fill port, and get a plastic plug from eBay. Made exactly for Hatsan PCP fill ports, and by replacing that cover plate, you no longer have to worry about that cover plate(sharp)cutting your fill probe O Ring

This one:
1536287152_8181811445b91e1b0c27748.40822187_8A6AFEC2-13A2-4C30-B04C-8C88F3680B8B.jpeg

If I think it’s what it is, I was just inside my Hatsan Hercules Bully today going thru all screws, lubing, barrel cleaning, before I put back on my newly painted stock, and I noticed the cocking arm connects to the bolt probe vis a Phillips screw with a spacer hollow dowel in between. The screw was loose. Not loose enough to rattle, but it would have been. I took the screw off, slid the dowel spacer out, cleaned both pieces, and replaced. Lathered some blue lock tite on the screw threads, and applied some moly powder on that dowel and the parts the dowel rides against. Really simple to do. 

I found all all kinds of loose screws in there(gun is a month and a half old). While your in there, get rid of that sliding cover plate that covers the fill port, and get a plastic plug from eBay. Made exactly for Hatsan PCP fill ports, and by replacing that cover plate, you no longer have to worry about that cover plate(sharp)cutting your fill probe O Ring

This one:
1536287152_8181811445b91e1b0c27748.40822187_8A6AFEC2-13A2-4C30-B04C-8C88F3680B8B.jpeg

I agree x2

#2812 is the cocking arm, #2810 is I believe the linkage that connects to the cocking arm on one end, then to the screw that attached to the bolt probe that shoves the pellet in. It’s the screw that attaches that linkage to the bolt probe that was loose on mine. 

It doesn’t show in your diagram, but in between that linkage connection and the bolt probe, is a hollow spacer about 1/4” in length. That attaching screw goes thru that dowel. The dowel acts as a spacer and also rides against the edges of the cocking slot.

lock tite that screw, and swipe some powdered moly on that spacer to smooth out lthe cocking effort.

hopefully that’s it

Hey guys,

Yesterday I received my rifle from the gunsmith. Everything was fine in the mechanism and the rattling is coming from the rail which connects the trigger and the trigger mechanism.
Not a problem at all. The best thing is that after the maintenance the trigger is a lot smoother than it was and the cocking is easier. Basically the whole rifle seems to work in more smoother way.