• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW 1000 for benchrest shooting

Does anyone have any experience with the RAW 1000 for benchrest 25m and 50yd? Interested in your opinion. Thanks

Hey Bob

Just sayin’ hi.

I was just revisiting this old thread, and it’s just a little over three years since you posted the initial thread. Since my original responses, I recently purchased a RAW TM1000X .177 from Martin. My intent is to use it for the 30 and 40y Masters Target Challenges. But, I would also like to try it at 50Y for the N50 practice cards. I don’t participate in any formal BR shooting, but do like the informal various paper target challenges.

Going to break it in this week with the new 13.4g tune from Martin, and see how she does shooting the old JSB/FX Trash can pellets.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hi and would be interested in any updates on how/ what RAWs you are shooting these days.

Tom

Reactions: RScott
I do not think RAW has ever won a Big time air gun bench rest tournament..
I do feel they are quality rifles..
Not sure this is "big time" but I won 2016 USARB nationals HV class with RAW BM1000 (poly barrel), and many others did well with them too. That said since then published results suggest Thomas has become dominant in BR, along with remarkable innovation and improvement along the way.

I need to work on my technique, but very nice to shoot. Puts a smile on my face.

image000000.jpeg

Last edited: