• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Imold"
"marcella69"Well, I just cleaned the barrel on my RAW for the first time. It wasn't that bad. I also measured the trigger weight: 4.7oz! Holy chriminetz!! A slight breeze would set it off. I can't believe RAW factory sets at that weight for an advertised hunting rifle. Any thoughts on adjusting this thing without tearing the gun apart?
Holy Moly that is fricken light a breeze could set that thing off yikes..To light for my taste.
I reached out to Sandra and she responded. I'm waiting for her to get back to me with details. Mark from the RAW Phoenix office responded as well. Apparently, the trigger can be adjusted without removing the action, but it looks like I'll need special tools.

"Hynzie"MARCO hows the shooting
Well, I finally did manage to get a Chrony set-up that works, but I shot only two shots. I plan on running a complete string later today. The results are disappointing. I got only 813.6 fps on the first shot and 816.0 fps on the second (avg: 814.8). A 10 pellet sample size of the JSBs averaged 80.66 gr per pellet. This gives only 118.89 ft-lbf. That's not the advertised 130 ft-lbf. Plus, the 2.4 fps spread on only two shots is not promising. She's actually not as loud as I feared though. I did attempt to get a dB reading but I looked away when it peaked. I'll try again later. The trigger weight is only 4.6 oz; entirely too light.

I received 10 gongs/metal plinkers today and I'm getting them ready to be set up on t-posts, I need to go and get 20 pieces of 12" long chain and bolts,nuts,washers to attach them. Slowly but surly I'll get my range set up half way decent.
6172bf54475e0e7f773111f3df8284ff.jpg

"Imold"
"Hynzie"not long now IMold
Just waiting for the email from Sandra letting me know it's on the test table and I can send payment......Meanwhile back at the ranch.....................
Imold, word to the wise; let Sandra know how you want your trigger set-up (first and second stage travel, pull weight). Otherwise you may have to tear her apart just to adjust it. This issue really should be addressed upon order.

"Hynzie"Marco did u get anyweres with an adjustment
I'm not anywhere near doing that yet. I did get some more numbers across my Chrony, but it's actin' up (big shock, huh?) I going to get a new battery and try again later. I have six good fps. I'll work with that for the time being. I want to get a good honest full shot count string so I'll have a decent sample size and see where she drops off reg. But, it does look like I will get the advertised 16 regulated shots per fill. I started at 250 bar and got seven shots down to 180 bar. Assuming that she drops off reg at 150 bar, that should give me the 16 regulated shots.

She seems to be gaining more fps as the reg is "broken-in." Although, that flies in the face of an air regulator. An air regulator is supposed to regulate the fps per se. I wish someone would explain to me why a regulator needs to be "broken-in." 

Here are the numbers as they are (average weight of JSB pellet: 80.66 gr.):

Shot 1: 813.6 fps; 118.54 ft-lbf
Shot 2: 816.0 fps; 119.24 ft-lbf
Shot 3: 826.2 fps; 122.24 ft-lbf
Shot 4: 822.0 fps; 121.00 ft-lbf
Shot 5: 829.5 fps; 123.21 ft-lbf
Shot 6: 833.3 fps; 124.35 ft-lbf
Avg fps: 823.4
Avg muzzle energy: 121.43 ft-lbf
SD: 7.69
Spread: 19.7 fps

Not too good

"marcella69"
"Imold"
"Hynzie"not long now IMold
Just waiting for the email from Sandra letting me know it's on the test table and I can send payment......Meanwhile back at the ranch.....................
Imold, word to the wise; let Sandra know how you want your trigger set-up (first and second stage travel, pull weight). Otherwise you may have to tear her apart just to adjust it. This issue really should be addressed upon order.
Maybe I should send her a email and let her know I want it at about 1.5 pound pull. Thanks for the heads up.