• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"
"Hynzie"not long now IMold
Just waiting for the email from Sandra letting me know it's on the test table and I can send payment......Meanwhile back at the ranch.....................
Imold, word to the wise; let Sandra know how you want your trigger set-up (first and second stage travel, pull weight). Otherwise you may have to tear her apart just to adjust it. This issue really should be addressed upon order.
Maybe I should send her a email and let her know I want it at about 1.5 pound pull. Thanks for the heads up.
The sooner the better. Also let her know if you want any first stage / second stage travel.

"marcella69"
"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"
Hynzie said:
not long now IMold
Just waiting for the email from Sandra letting me know it's on the test table and I can send payment......Meanwhile back at the ranch.....................
Imold, word to the wise; let Sandra know how you want your trigger set-up (first and second stage travel, pull weight). Otherwise you may have to tear her apart just to adjust it. This issue really should be addressed upon order.
Maybe I should send her a email and let her know I want it at about 1.5 pound pull. Thanks for the heads up.
The sooner the better. Also let her know if you want any first stage / second stage travel.
I let her know that I wanted a little travel on the 1st stage of the trigger and none on the 2nd and set at 2 pounds.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"
"marcella69"
Imold said:
Hynzie said:
not long now IMold
I let her know that I wanted a little travel on the 1st stage of the trigger and none on the 2nd.
That's exactly how I like it. It'll be interesting tearing my baby apart to adjust my trigger. Good thing I just bought a noice work bench!

"Mick-VA"Not too difficult Marco. Step one - remove air cylinder. Will need to clamp between legs to get a good purchase on cylinder. Step 2 - removenstock screw. Comes right apart. I actually like my trigger as set. 2 stage. Defined stop between 1st and second. Fairly light break. I don't have trigger gauge but guessing 10-12 oz.
Thanks, Mick. It does look pretty straight forward. Dirte was also extremely helpful with pictures. I would be alright with 10-12 oz, but I prefer a pound trigger. I measured my weight with a Lyman Electronic Trigger Pull gauge. I got only 4.7oz with no first or second stage travel. I don't feel comfortable with that. The RAW HM 1000x .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated) is marketed as a "serious hunting rifle," not a match rifle. I find it somewhat disconcerting that she left Minor Hill with such a hair trigger.

"Imold"Ya you did,a nice tool box and bench at that.
It took me damn near a week of blood, sweat, and tears to get everything assembled; but now that it's all together, it is pretty sweet. I did just have all my tools just thrown in an old dive bag all mixed up. Now everything is all organized at the ready!

1thlux.jpg

"marcella69"
"Imold"I'll have the 2nd stage of the trigger on the .25 HMx LRT set at about 10 ounces when I order it, that's about where my Creedmoor is at..

Let us know how the trigger setting job went when your done.
Maybe I'll go with the 10 oz; that seems to be the consensus here. Do you have any first stage travel?
Yep I have just a bit of travel on the 1st stage, about 1/8" or so then my second is all pull be it 10 ounces or 1.5-2 pounds.
it lets me get my finger set and breathing right.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"I'll have the 2nd stage of the trigger on the .25 HMx LRT set at about 10 ounces when I order it, that's about where my Creedmoor is at..

Let us know how the trigger setting job went when your done.
Maybe I'll go with the 10 oz; that seems to be the consensus here. Do you have any first stage travel?
Yep I have just a bit of travel on the 1st stage, about 1/8" or so then my second is all pull be it 10 ounces or 1.5-2 pounds.
it lets me get my finger set and breathing right.
That's exactly what I want. Thanks :)

"marcella69"Weird science! I checked the 9v battery on my Chrony. It was still over 8v, so it's not the battery. The last two shots of my RAW .357 registered only 60 and 57 fps! There's something rotten in Denmark :-(
What lighting are you using? Is it outside or inside,the reason I ask is that Chronos don't work to well with fluorescent lighting, you either need natural lighting or lighting from a regular light bulb..

"Imold"
"marcella69"Weird science! I checked the 9v battery on my Chrony. It was still over 8v, so it's not the battery. The last two shots of my RAW .357 registered only 60 and 57 fps! There's something rotten in Denmark :-(
What lighting are you using? Is it outside or inside,the reason I ask is that Chronos don't work to well with fluorescent lighting, you either need natural lighting or lighting from a regular light bulb..
Inside w/ separate LED lights for each sensor. However, come to think of it, there is a ceiling fixture with one 'o them there new-fangled curly-cue bulbs. I'll turn that off and see what happens. But. the set-up I'm using worked fine with my other air rifles. Maybe it's just time to spring for a chronograph that isn't a POS.

Here's an edit: I checked out my set-up. I might have found the fly in the ointment. I had the florescent tube on my new work bench on while I was Chronying. (Is that a verb?) The light was shining directly on the second sensor and this was the error I was getting (Error 2). The overhead light is encased in a thick opaque dome. Jesus, we can land a rover on Mars; but we can't design a chronograph that actually works?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW_s6EqOxqY