• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"whats the deal with dry firing a airgun ,,so many answers,i try never to do it Raw says it will bend valves
Well, "dry firing" here refers to allowing the hammer to strike the valve under full spring tension with no air source (bottle empty or removed). That definitely can damage the valve as the system is designed to operate with back pressure from the bottle that reduces the effective force of the hammer on the valve. It seems I learn something everyday about airguns! It never stops. (And I hope it never does ;-).)

"Imold"Yep....Dry Fire = Void Warranty......
I'm a little paranoid about going about the trigger adjustment. My understanding is that the trigger can be tested after each adjustment by holding on to the cocking lever in the rearward position while squeezing the trigger, and then slowly allowing the cocking lever to move to the forward position. That way, the hammer cannot slam into the valve. But I want to be crystal clear about this before I try it.

"Mick-VA"Marco - you can do that as you described or now that you have it out of the stock - screw back in the aired up bottle for trigger test.
Mick, thanks for that :). This is what I want to do. That way, if somehow the hammer does strike the valve, there will be a pressurized air source to prevent valve damage. Plus, real-fire can be done without reassembling the stock. It appears that the stock might be able to be removed without removing the bottle first. It would involve an angling of the receiver to clear the stock. I hate to break the o-ring seal on the bottle. I had mad leakage issues with my Impact from frequent bottle swaps. I am going to use a pony bottle in the field to re-fill my bottle instead of using a spare bottle.

"Dairyboy"Yup no need to remove the bottle before the stock. My stock fit pretty snug but it comes right out with just the stock bolt removed
Dairyboy, thanks so much for that! I looked closely at the configuration and, even though the part of the stock at the bottle connection is curved somewhat around the bottle, it does appear that the stock could be removed w/o unscrewing the bottle. It's nice to know that this can be done. I have an HM 1000x .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated). I'm assuming that your rifle is configured the same way as mine. Is this correct?