RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"those bulldogs ,their something else i like the versatility the ability to shoot anything,,should call it the blunderbuss long range lol lots ,like em including me,,
Not a fan of unregulated rifles. But, after the dismal numbers I got with my RAW, I can't tell if she is regulated. A so-called regulator must have been put in because I'm getting only 121.43 ft-lbf; a reduction in power w/ an SD of a whopping 7.69 on an advertised 130 ft-lbf (regulated) @ 3.00 SD rifle. the worst of both worlds. I keep hearing that a regulator needs to be "broke-in." But, I don't see how that would do anything but make it worse.

"Hynzie"Marco hows the grouping ,?how many tins have u put through the rifle,? On vaca we used more than i thought we would ,,,had a blast
Hynzie, you raise a good point. I'm not saying that RAW has misrepresented its marketing materials. I am only reporting the results I've found. The sample size of number of shots over my Chrony is far too small to make valid conclusions.Further, I have not yet zeroed or ranged the rifle. I have not even adjusted the trigger yet. I am still in the process of tricking-out my workbench to where I can safely adjust the trigger. The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, Once I put my baby through the full Monte, I will certainly post the results. I'll leave it up to the rank and file to draw its own conclusions.

Go out and do a 50-60 yard zero and put a couple tins through it then pull out the Chrono, will be less of a headache for ya and you'll get in some good shooting and you might be surprised what you see through the Chrono.....this is how I'm going to do mine but I'll probly do a 75 yard zero and blast away at the gongs for a while then check it through the Chrono....

Hey guys here is what it looks like,I need to raise up the board about 6 more inches...1st pic up close and 2nd pic is a zoom in from ground zero.
1811cef308eeb32f2748ae259096370f.jpg

0260528d335a96f4748d6a1f20e96046.jpg

"Imold"Go out and do a 50-60 yard zero and put a couple tins through it then pull out the Chrono, will be less of a headache for ya and you'll get in some good shooting and you might be surprised what you see through the Chrono.....this is how I'm going to do mine but I'll probly do a 75 yard zero and blast away at the gongs for a while then check it through the Chrono....
Yeah, that's basically what I'm going to have to do, I guess. However, my experience with my P-Rod, Impact, and Pulsar is that the numbers were the best brand new and tended to denigrate as I used the rifle. This breaking-in of the reg thang is new to me. For my RAW, given the advertised specs and my personal scope specs, Chairgun puts my optimal zero at 41.3 yards. If, in fact, my reg actually does need to be broken-in, I really see no point in Chonying, zeroing, or ranging until the break occurs.

"marcella69"
"Imold"Go out and do a 50-60 yard zero and put a couple tins through it then pull out the Chrono, will be less of a headache for ya and you'll get in some good shooting and you might be surprised what you see through the Chrono.....this is how I'm going to do mine but I'll probly do a 75 yard zero and blast away at the gongs for a while then check it through the Chrono....
Yeah, that's basically what I'm going to have to do, I guess. However, my experience with my P-Rod, Impact, and Pulsar is that the numbers were the best brand new and tended to denigrate as I used the rifle. This breaking-in of the reg thang is new to me. For my RAW, given the advertised specs and my personal scope specs, Chairgun puts my optimal zero at 41.3 yards. If, in fact, my reg actually does need to be broken-in, I really see no point in Chonying, zeroing, or ranging until the break occurs.
I would at least do a 50 zero so you can do some plinking and ya I understand where you are coming from that's what makes us who we are, there are a lot of things I do that if I had to explain it or teach it it's not going to happen that's why I don't post a lot of technical things, I know it and know how to do it I just can't explain it in writing or typing hahaha and that's what makes me me, I can talk about how to do something in person but just not on forums...it's a comprehension thing with me....well you get the Just of it.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
I would at least do a 50 zero so you can do some plinking and ya I understand where you are coming from that's what makes us who we are, there are a lot of things I do that if I had to explain it or teach it it's not going to happen that's why I don't post a lot of technical things, I know it and know how to do it I just can't explain it in writing or typing hahaha and that's what makes me me, I can talk about how to do something in person but just not on forums...it's a comprehension thing with me....well you get the Just of it.
I'll put up a Shoot-N-C at zero range just to see if I can hit paper.

"Imold"Set your scope on 10x if that's The optimal x setting and then do a zero in at 50yards or 60 and don't worry about Chairgun until you have at least 200 thru it then do the technical things but until then have fun with your new HMx......
Sounds about right. I hardly ever take my scope off 10x. Once in a Blue Moon I dial 'er up to 16x for an extra long shot. I print-out a two-sided range card for every pellet I use; one side is 10x, the other is 16x. I affix a scope-view print-out to my scope cap for my favorite pellet @ 10x. If I can ever tear myself free to actually do this!

"marcella69"
"Imold"Set your scope on 10x if that's The optimal x setting and then do a zero in at 50yards or 60 and don't worry about Chairgun until you have at least 200 thru it then do the technical things but until then have fun with your new HMx......
Sounds about right. I hardly ever take my scope off 10x. Once in a Blue Moon I dial 'er up to 16x for an extra long shot. I print-out a two-sided range card for every pellet I use; one side is 10x, the other is 16x. I affix a scope-view print-out to my scope cap for my favorite pellet @ 10x. If I can ever tear myself free to actually do this!
That's what I should do but now I'm starting to think about going with a FFP scope on the HMx instead of the nice Vortex Viper I have, like the idea of zeroing in with the 10x and then being able to move to 14-16-20x and not worry about it like with SFP.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
That's what I should do but now I'm starting to think about going with a FFP scope on the HMx instead of the nice Vortex Viper I have, like the idea of zeroing in with the 10x and then being able to move to 14-16-20x and not worry about it like with SFP.
I like the idea of an FFP, but aren't they more expensive than SFPs? And for the rare times I go off 10x, I can't see the extra expense.

Ya they are a bit more but then your not messing with numbers being you have it zeroed at 10x so with FFP you can zoom in on a different magnification and not worry about it....Thats what your paying for, Primary Arms has a cheep FFP for around 230.00 or so that's getting good reviews for such a cheap FFP, it's pretty basic but it's a good way to try one out and see how you like it and if you do then you can spend 400.00 to 2500.00 for a real nice one or sell the cheap one and re coupe your money....But with airguns I think FFP would be the way to go being your not trying to get out to 600 to a 1000 yards but for a 50 yard zero out to 200-250 yards I believe it would be the cats meow....