RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"y did u get rid of the impact then the pulsar ,,he who ends up with the most allen wrenches wins ,,, lol
Yeah, between my various rifles and scopes, I should open up an Allen wrench store! As I "upgraded," I sold my old rifles. I started with a Marauder .22 pistol. Then I bought a Pulsar .25, which more than doubled my power and dramatically increased accuracy and shot count. I then upgraded to the Impact .30, which again doubled my power. Now, I have the RAW .357, which almost doubled my power again! So, in less than a year, I went from 14.47 ft-lbf to 130 ft-lbf!

My goal all along was to find an air rifle that had the power and accuracy profile of a .22lr rimfire with a decent shot count . As recent as only a year ago, no such animal existed in the retail airgun market. Like the fella in the parable of the pearl of great value, when I finally discovered the RAW HM 1000x .357 (130 ft-lbf regulated), I sold all I had to buy her! 

All my previous airguns were great. I didn't sell them because there was anything wrong with them; quite the contrary. They were all great at the time. I'd highly recommend any one of them. I had a ton 'o fun and bagged a lot of bunnies and other critters. And boy did I learn a lot! My association with AGN went a long way toward that end. I'm basically a one-gun guy; plus, I really can't afford an armory of weapons.

"Hynzie"maybe i should do my trigger job today idk,,im flustered ,,,marco when u gonna b ready maybe we should do together
Yeah, that sounds good, Pat. I've done a lot of research and am confident now that I can do a competent job. Unfortunately, my tricked-out workbench won't be ready for another three days. (I have to wait for the primer and paint to fully cure on my steel plate.) I have a nice drill-press vice and jaw inserts that works perfectly to secure the receiver of my RAW. My RAW is torn apart. Once my plate is ready, I need to secure it to my workbench top and mount the vice. I already have all the mounting holes drilled. It won't be long now :)

"Imold"I wish the Pheasant and Grouse population would come back in this area like it was in the 70's....They are working on it slowly but surly, the coyote population has exploded and has done a lot of damage to smaller game populations in the last 20 years or so.
https://www.nwf.org/News-and-Magazines/National-Wildlife/Animals/Archives/2017/Coyotes.aspx

"While the impact of coyote expansion is complex, there is evidence the carnivores can benefit some wildlife, especially birds, by keeping other predators at bay. In a landmark 1999 study published in Nature, scientists in southeastern California found that patches of sage-scrub habitat with resident coyotes had a higher diversity of native birds, including California quail, spotted towhee and Bewick’s and cactus wrens, than patches without coyotes. The likely reason, the researchers said, is that more coyotes mean fewer small predators such as opossums, raccoons and, especially, domestic cats. Each year free-ranging cats kill billions of birds and mammals nationwide."

Had to go to town and get a new one piece cleaning rod and also came home with a Vortex Diamondback HP....
e022f966e23447f0c2985a67af998cb4.jpg

"Hynzie"Ya i did the trigger its so much betterthanks Marco..seperatedstock and action 1/2 turn cw. on slot a and b. Wa lah. Thats it. Now triggrr got a good 1/2 pull then maybe 10 ounce release. .i relisedthat when u have siome pull the trigger didnt have to be so heavy took 10 minutes
So you have about a 1/2" travel then it's only about a 10 ounce break? I'm having Martin set mine up with about a 1/8th in travel with a 2 pound break...

"Hynzie"Ya i did the trigger its so much betterthanks Marco..seperatedstock and action 1/2 turn cw. on slot a and b. Wa lah. Thats it. Now triggrr got a good 1/2 pull then maybe 10 ounce release. .i relisedthat when u have siome pull the trigger didnt have to be so heavy took 10 minutes 
Great! Glad to hear that. I will be adjusting my trigger tomorrow night.

"Hynzie"Ya its a guess were it truly is. I definatly needed the travel ..after that i relized the break bibnt have to be so heavy
As long as it feels right for you. I have a trigger weight gauge so I'll see what the different weights actually feel like. The paint on my steel plate on my workbench is drying. I will adjust my trigger tomorrow night.