RAW REPORT

"Hynzie"Donnies ldc responded to a ? about the raw ,,says raw s shroud is good other option is a 8'' sumo well see i need a decibel meter first
I've found that a general-purpose dB meter does not give accurate readings for airguns. I have a Protmex MS6708 Digital Sound Level Meter, and I am getting a sound level of only 67.6 dB for my RAW .357. There's no way she's that quiet. Although I am generally pleased with the job the factory mod does, she is still significantly louder than my Impact .30. If I had to guess what the actual dB level for my RAW is, I'd say it's somewhere in the neighborhood of 90 dB. It's more of a satisfying James Bond thwump than a bark, though.

"Imold"Ya I've read all the things and the way I look at it is if Martin gets the trigger set at around 2 lbs I'll be happy with everything else and should never have a reason to take it apart, this is how I look at it. When my HMx gets here I'll run a patch thru it with very little cleaner on it and then a few dry patches then I will go and get my scope zeroed in at 50 yards and then just shoot it and after 150-200 shots I'll then shoot it thru the Chrono a few times to see what it's getting for fps then clean the barrel and shoot it thru the Chrono again and see what I have....if I see around 125-128ft/lbs I'll be just fine,if closer to 130 even better but my expectations are more around the 125 area....If they say my new car gets 34 mpg hwy and I only get 31 I'm still happy and after a few thousand miles maybe it will get 33-34 but I don't expect it right off the bat.
I merely report the facts as I've found them. Every assertion I've made is supported my probative evidence. It is apparent that objective critique is being met with vitriol. I will now make only warm 'n fuzzy comments that are directly related to airguns.

Man, luggin' my RAW rig out in the field ain't my grandfather's FX Impact! My Eberlestock Gunslinger II rifle scabbard/backpack is adequate for my rifle, but I don't know how those SEAL boys do it with a full field pack on top of that! I have to carry my other gear in a separate range bag. I used to be able to carry my Impact and all my gear in one backpack. Oh well, onward & upward! I'm finally in a position to get some trigger-time on some actual bunnies! (after a preliminary zero)

"marcella69"Man, luggin' my RAW rig out in the field ain't my grandfather's FX Impact! My Eberlestock Gunslinger II rifle scabbard/backpack is adequate for my rifle, but I don't know how those SEAL boys do it with a full field pack on top of that! I have to carry my other gear in a separate range bag. I used to be able to carry my Impact and all my gear in one backpack. Oh well, onward & upward! I'm finally in a position to get some trigger-time on some actual bunnies! (after a preliminary zero)
Nice very nice....Got to like that trigger time...poor bunnies hahaha can we say dinner...

i just got in dang mosquito's well my son and i blasted through a tin of jsbs in no time at all ,,,man my hmx 30 hits like a sledge hammer ,,im sure i could take medium game no problem,, trigger is much better now that i adjusted the travel to 1/2' and a half a turn on the weight no more just touchin and goin off ,,i could not be happier the way it shoots,still waiting for a singl shot tray ,thats no biggie , i think ill take one in each color and caliber lol hahahaha im not kidding. i am really enjoying it

I can't wait till I'm hitting gongs and making noise at 50-75-100 yards with some 81gr pellets...get it tethered up and find the sweet spot(thinking 2800psi)and just shoot thru some tins of ammo and have fun....Still have some golfballs to try and hit one of these days which reminds me, I just got a camera tripod and a iPad holder in the mail today so I can set up the iPad for taking video.

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"I must say I can't wait to see how my stock turned out on the HMx.
I must say that my RAW Forest Green laminate stock is gorgeous :)
Can't wait till you get a good pic of it on here so we can really see the color.
I was going to install my new modem tonight so I could get my wi-fi restored so I can retrieve all the photos I have on my phone, but the crack crew at Cox Cable sent me the wrong modem! Cox is ending me the right one (hopefully) on Monday. I'll keep you posted ;-)

"Imold"
"marcella69"Man, luggin' my RAW rig out in the field ain't my grandfather's FX Impact! My Eberlestock Gunslinger II rifle scabbard/backpack is adequate for my rifle, but I don't know how those SEAL boys do it with a full field pack on top of that! I have to carry my other gear in a separate range bag. I used to be able to carry my Impact and all my gear in one backpack. Oh well, onward & upward! I'm finally in a position to get some trigger-time on some actual bunnies! (after a preliminary zero)
Nice very nice....Got to like that trigger time...poor bunnies hahaha can we say dinner...
Well, I did manage to get some good trigger time, but no bunny time :-(. It took me two whole mags to even hit paper at 44 yards, and then I ran out of Y-axis and air at the same time! Well, that's why God invented pony bottles, No-Limit mounts, and tomorrows! But man, was it great to be back out in the field and with such a terrific rifle.

"Hynzie"i just got in dang mosquito's well my son and i blasted through a tin of jsbs in no time at all ,,,man my hmx 30 hits like a sledge hammer ,,im sure i could take medium game no problem,, trigger is much better now that i adjusted the travel to 1/2' and a half a turn on the weight no more just touchin and goin off ,,i could not be happier the way it shoots,still waiting for a singl shot tray ,thats no biggie , i think ill take one in each color and caliber lol hahahaha im not kidding. i am really enjoying it
I couldn't be happier with the 10.5 oz trigger with a 1/8" first stage. Man it is perfect!

"Imold"Marco how did that paint on the bench top turn out? Does it look like it's going to hold up when you work on your airguns and is it slippery or does it have some non slip value to it?
It came out great. I got a nice rubber mat to put on top to protect my RAW. The 1/8" thick hot rolled mild steel is plenty robust for anything I'm likely to work on. The drill press vice and soft jaw inserts worked great to adjust my trigger. I took pics, but I have to wait for new modem before I can post them.

"marcella69"
"Imold"
Well, I did manage to get some good trigger time, but no bunny time :-(. It took me two whole mags to even hit paper at 44 yards, and then I ran out of Y-axis and air at the same time! Well, that's why God invented pony bottles, No-Limit mounts, and tomorrows! But man, was it great to be back out in the field and with such a terrific rifle.
Good to hear, ya that sighting in deal can be a pain sometimes.

"marcella69"
"Imold"Marco how did that paint on the bench top turn out? Does it look like it's going to hold up when you work on your airguns and is it slippery or does it have some non slip value to it?
It came out great. I got a nice rubber mat to put on top to protect my RAW. The 1/8" thick hot rolled mild steel is plenty robust for anything I'm likely to work on. The drill press vice and soft jaw inserts worked great to adjust my trigger. I took pics, but I have to wait for new modem before I can post them.
Can't wait to see it, sounds like the perfect work bench for a smaller area......I

"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"
Good to hear, ya that sighting in deal can be a pain sometimes.

No, this was relatively painless. A small adjustment on my No-Limit mounts to give me a little more y-axis and I'll be good to go. I almost had enough y with the mounts flush, but just not quite enough. I still can't get over the power of this thing! So far beyond my Impact .30, there's no comparison. The muzzle actually jumps up; real kick!