RAW REPORT

"Imold"Just received a email and my Hatsan BT65SB Elite QE will be back here Monday....They found out it had a bent shroud.......
A bent shroud? How the heck did that happen? I got my first scratch on my RAW yesterday :-(. I was near a fence that had razor wire. It is a tiny, almost imperceptible, scratch on the moderator; but I know it's there. Oh well, she ain't broke-in until she gets her first scratch.

Looks like I'll get two at least, here is what I got back from Hatsan on my BT65SB..
We have assessed your rifle. The technician has replaced your shroud as it seemed a little bent. With a new shroud, your gun was easily zeroed at both 10 and 20 yards with an Optima 3-12x44 AO scope. Your gun should ship back out later today. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

"Imold"
"Hynzie"there will be more ,,,i know the feeling ,but its gonna happen
Yep it's going to happen.......Except fo me,I'm going to put my HMx in a glass case and put it above my fake fireplace and just admire it hahahaha..
I finally got to the point today where I left my baby in her scabbard after coming back from hunting instead of putting her on display on the workbench. I guess the honeymoon's over. I'm always looking for my next ex-rifle.

"marcella69"
"Imold"
"Hynzie"there will be more ,,,i know the feeling ,but its gonna happen
Yep it's going to happen.......Except fo me,I'm going to put my HMx in a glass case and put it above my fake fireplace and just admire it hahahaha..
I finally got to the point today where I left my baby in her scabbard after coming back from hunting instead of putting her on display on the workbench. I guess the honeymoon's over. I'm always looking for my next ex-rifle.
Never to late to get in line for a .25 Crown with a Laminated stock, would look nice next to your HMx.... I look at the Royale as a little brother to the HMx, they will look nice by each other. Sure a Laminated Royale would of been real nice but I'm happy with the synthetic being it's going to be MY main go to Airgun.

Imold, a synthetic really is the way to go as a practical matter. It's lighter and takes abuse much better. Don't get me wrong, I'm in love with my RAW. She's a cannon and a laser. But, my next rifle will be another bullpup in synthetic. I wanted to see how a full-size rifle with all the bells 'n whistles handled in the field. She's manageable, but I really miss the portability and ready set-up of my bullpups.

I am constantly on the look-out for a bullpup with the ballistic characteristics (and decent shot count) of a .22lr rimfire like my RAW. The way the airgun industry is progressing, I have a feeling I won't have to wait much longer. :)

Yep synthetic has its place and as far as bullpups go they are ok but I would rather have a carbine unless I was going to do some CQB's but don't think I'll do much of that but even saying that I do have a few and they are nice but for me the rifle or carbine is my go to for shooting. The mini cricket is nice so is the Mutant,Vulcan but don't think I would buy any of them but that's just me of course.

"Imold"Yep synthetic has its place and as far as bullpups go they are ok but I would rather have a carbine unless I was going to do some CQB's but don't think I'll do much of that but even saying that I do have a few and they are nice but for me the rifle or carbine is my go to for shooting. The mini cricket is nice so is the Mutant,Vulcan but don't think I would buy any of them but that's just me of course.
Carbines are a nice compromise between rifles and bullpups. But, lets face it, as the man with the eye patch said, RAWs are the Hummers of the airgun world! My RAW is a rifle on steroids.

"Hynzie"Marco on a bull pup you mention ballistic characteristics of a 22 and shot count please define power and shot count
Well Pat, the typical muzzle energy of a standard .22lr rimfire round shot out of a .22 rifle is 130 ft-lbf with an impact energy of 80 ft-lbf @ 100 yds. I also want to see a commensurate SD. The SD I'm getting with my RAW is 6.07, which is actually lower than that of a typical .22 rifle firing standard .22lr rimfire rounds. I'm getting 125.06 ft-lbf at the muzzle and 78.1 ft-lbf @ 100 yds with my RAW. As far as a decent shot count, I'm happy with the 20 regulated shots per fill I'm getting. With a full bottle and a 12 cu-ft tank in the field, I get a good 70 shots! (more if I max-out the partial re-fills). That's a decent shot count in my book.

I actually prefer bullpups, but thus far the only production rifle I've found that gives me a true commensurate power/accuracy profile (with a decent shot count) of a .22lr rimfire rifle is the RAW HM 1000x .357 regulated. My quest continues...

"Hynzie"heres one built right in your back yard AAA slayer
I came very close to buying a Slayer. There are three issues I have with the Slayer that are deal-breakers for me. First, it's designed to shoot slugs instead of pellets. Being that it is factory tuned for 139 gr slugs @ 950 fps (which is etched in stone; no tunability), the accuracy is fakakta beyond 50 yards (the whole aforementioned subsonic/diabolo thang). And second, it gets only six shots per fill. This is a great gun for dropping hogs or deer at 50 yards. I want an accurate 100 yard rifle for small game. And finally, she delivers a whopping 278.50 ft-lbf! That's way too much oomph for my purposes. The ballistic profile of a .22lr rimfire is just right for my needs. Again, the quest continues. Believe me, Pat; I scour the Internet everyday looking for my dream gun. If you can find a rifle I haven't already taken a hard look at, I'll buy you a cup of coffee! But, I certainly welcome any leads you my have!