RAW REPORT

"Imold"I have no problem shooting out to 109 yards with the .25's with my all my scopes zero'd and set on 10x but I will do a 50 yard zero with the Royale set on 12x and see how that goes, I also have those no limit rings to use to help me not use a lot of moa for the zero. When I get zero'd in I'll move the no limit rings and reset the turret so I can get it zero'd with the scope set right in the middle of moa, it's going to be NICE.....
I think I've finally got all my settings just right for some serious bunny blastin'!

I should have whacked those Mr. Hollowpoint cast bullets between you and Hynzie. You have a world-class range to really put 'em through the ringer. I'm mixin' 'n matchin' down here in the desert :-(. Oh well, my mama (God Rest Her Soul) taught me to never feel sorry for someone with more money than me ;-)

"marcella69"
"Imold"
"marcella69"
"Imold"Had to pickup a new 13/64 drill bit for the helicoil kit so I can put on the front picatinny rail and while I was at the hardware store I picked up a nice little folding alen wrench set that had 1.5mm to 7mm ball hex heads,nice unit for my Airgun tool kit. Edit for .......My dovetail rail Hawke level came in the mail today also, tomorrow can't come fast enough, my son and I are gonna do some shooting for sure.
Aren't those little projects fun? :)
They are but with my numb fingers I have limitations on what I can do, for instance I don't handle small screws,nuts,bolts very well and gripping can be a issue some times then there is the times when my hand/fingers lock up so that can be a challenge sometimes. Other then that. Little projects can bee fun..Today I had to put a new hub and bearing assembly on the right side of my pontoon trailer and now I'm ready to pull my pontoon out this fall.
I'm doing my best to get out there and do it to it everyday to keep the arthritis and diabetes on the other side of the door. I'll be damned if I'm gonna turn into a hunched-over cripple w/o a fight!
Ain't that the truth.
I had my son bring my wheel chair up from the basement,I need it if I'm going to someplace where I'll have to walk farther then 500 ft or so, my intentions are to go to the Mall Of America one of these weekends just to get my wife and I away for a bit.

I have a feeling that my RAW is only going to see 81gr JSB pellets and the Royale will be a 25,39 shooter that way I'll keep it simple and just tune around them if I have to....I need to remember I also have the BullDog .357 that I can try different pellets or bullets in and I have the Bullboss that I can shoot 33,95 heavys or MKII in and whatever else I want to try but the Royale and HMx are going to be set up for one pellet only that way I'll always know how they will shoot in different conditions..

I should add that I might get to the point where I just put fixed power scopes on the Royale and HMx then I'll never have to worry..........Oh great Marco I'm heading over to the scope store now and I'm going to be looking.......crap mor mony to be spent.....Maybe......time to start reviewing reviews on fixed power scopes..Thanks a lot hahahahaha.....

"I’m not going to. Bullets (as opposed to diabolo) do not track well beyond 50 yards at subsonic speeds. I sent them to Hynzie to try out. I ordered them before I understood the ballistics"
.300 Blackout just wont shoot eh?

The .357 HMx for those who loose track of which airgun one might be reading about here, will indeed shoot solids, very well also. Now you do need to correct ammo ( I may be wrong but I don't the Roberts will work all that well ). I am much more a .177 type but just hate for the newbies to get confused and or incorrect info.

John

Getting into big Bore is a new experience,my Bulldog shot the Nosler ballistic tips ok but with the HMx Martin has that dialed in with the JSB 81,02s so that's what I'm more inclined into shooting with it but I do know some of the bullet casting guys have cast some bullets and swag bullets that are supposed to work but when a person spends 2500 on a Airgun they tend to be careful with what goes down the barrel, I know mrhollowpoint and Nielson(think that's right)have both casted bullets that are supposed to work in the RAW .357 I believe so it's just a matter of taking that leap into bullets that is tuff with the HMx. Myself I have not talk to Martin about using cast bullets in his airguns but maybe I'll give him a call and talk to him about it, myself I would like to get/find a 110-130gr swag bullet that would work in the HMx for coyotes if Martin said it would work or not be a issue with the barrel.

"Imold"I have a feeling that my RAW is only going to see 81gr JSB pellets and the Royale will be a 25,39 shooter that way I'll keep it simple and just tune around them if I have to....I need to remember I also have the BullDog .357 that I can try different pellets or bullets in and I have the Bullboss that I can shoot 33,95 heavys or MKII in and whatever else I want to try but the Royale and HMx are going to be set up for one pellet only that way I'll always know how they will shoot in different conditions..
Yes, I'm sticking to the JSBs for now since my rifle is tuned for that specific round. Now if only someone made a 81gr .357 hollowpoint diabolo...

"Imold"I should add that I might get to the point where I just put fixed power scopes on the Royale and HMx then I'll never have to worry..........Oh great Marco I'm heading over to the scope store now and I'm going to be looking.......crap mor mony to be spent.....Maybe......time to start reviewing reviews on fixed power scopes..Thanks a lot hahahahaha.....
I should have just bought a 10x fixed. (And I never use the IR.)

"marcella69"Christ, I actually bought a cane the other day!
That's funny I have a couple myself, got them when I shattered my Femar in 5 places on the snowmobile........Here is the rod that was in my Femar,had to have it removed due to the pain it caused me when my bone healed up....
3fff95af6aa09e8d36a68ad2d4ba6db2.jpg

"Imold"
That's funny I have a couple myself, got them when I shattered my Femar in 5 places on the snowmobile........Here is the rod that was in my Femar,had to have it removed due to the pain it caused me when my bone healed up....

Jesus, that was in your leg?! Are you 10 feet tall?! You should make a barrel out of that.

A broken femur is supposed to be the most painful injury a human can sustain.

"marcella69"
"Imold"I should add that I might get to the point where I just put fixed power scopes on the Royale and HMx then I'll never have to worry..........Oh great Marco I'm heading over to the scope store now and I'm going to be looking.......crap mor mony to be spent.....Maybe......time to start reviewing reviews on fixed power scopes..Thanks a lot hahahahaha.....
I should have just bought a 10x fixed. (And I never use the IR.)
Think I'm going to order a SWFA SS 10x42 to try on the HMx when I get it, it will definitely work with the RAWs 20 moa rail for sure.

"marcella69"
"Imold"

Jesus, that was in your leg?! Are you 10 feet tall?! You should make a barrel out of that.

A broken femur is supposed to be the most painful injury a human can sustain.
Yep, it's 17.5" long and has a slight curve to it, they pull out the hip and hammer it down the bone,it's hollow and held in with four screws and when the bone gets to a certain point they remove one top screw and it lets the rod move as you walk that's what the oblong hole is for, I could tell you about one screw breaking down at my knee and how it made me do a face plant but that's for another time hahaha.

"Imold"I broke it during halftime of the Vikings -Atlanta football game while taking a snowmobile ride, didn't come home for a week and a half and rehab was terrible......
Criminy, I thought I have led a dangerous life. I was a gunner's mate on a destroyer in the Navy and used to skydive. I've sustained third degree burns and broken bones before, but nowhere near as bad as that.