RAW REPORT

"marcella69"
"Imold"I should add that I might get to the point where I just put fixed power scopes on the Royale and HMx then I'll never have to worry..........Oh great Marco I'm heading over to the scope store now and I'm going to be looking.......crap mor mony to be spent.....Maybe......time to start reviewing reviews on fixed power scopes..Thanks a lot hahahahaha.....
I should have just bought a 10x fixed. (And I never use the IR.)
If you get one before I do let me know how you like it, I'm going to wait a couple weeks before I order a SWFA SS 10x42..

"Mick-VA"Hey Marco, did I mention how quiet a 20fpe regulated .177 is and can still take out bunny at 85 yards? So quiet you could probably shoot it in your apartment (with appropriate backstop) and not have the neighbors or your room mate call the po po?

How's dat .357?
Mick, the RAW .357 is a cannon and a laser! I had her out today to put the finishing touches on the tune and ranging. She's all ready for straight-up hunting now. I feel confident taking coyotes at 150 yards with her. She delivers 63 fpe at 150 yards and I'm getting tight groups at that range. I'm very pleased with her.

Having said that, she is a beast to lug around. Gone are the days when I could roam the countryside all day at will with my trusty Impact .30 or Pulsar .25. I basically have to set-up somewhere and wait for game to show up. I'm packing a solid 25 pounds in the field (30 with my pony bottle) and that gets old quick. I don't think I've gone a bridge too far yet with the power and weight, but I'm definitely pushin' the envelope. But, you never really know where that line is until you cross it, right?

"Imold"That's what they call PLAYING HARD at a younger age.....Got hit by a drunk driver in 79 while I was driving my motorcycle, that gave me real bad road rash...
Marco have you done any power adjustments on your HMx or just trigger adjustments?
My motto was "live hard, die young, and leave a good lookin' corpse." Too late for that now. I never planned on makin' it this far!

I did (with the advice of Martin) increase the hammer tension. That dramatically improved my SD. I'm getting 6.07 now; that's substantially better than the 15+ I was getting. I believe I have her tuned to the optimum performance at this point. I'm actually very pleased. I'm getting the commensurate power of a standard .22lr rimfire rifle with a better SD. This is exactly what I wanted.

"Imold"How much did you increase the hammer tension?
Well, Martin told me to turn the screw at the back of the receiver in a quarter turn. That did improve the SD from 15 down to about 11, but that was still too high for me. So I turned the screw in another quarter turn. That dropped the SD down to 6.07. So, I figured that another quarter turn would improve the SD even more. Wrong! She shot up to 10! So, I backed 'er out a quarter turn and that's where it is now. I'm getting 125.19 fpe @ 6.07 SD. I figure that's as good as it gets, which is fine with me.

You never told me; can you open Excel files? I sent you the shot string that applies to where my RAW is now. If you have Excel, you can check it out.

"Mick-VA"Yeah Imold, just don't tell your spouse you got Mick'ed
Wife comes home and sees a case of ammo or a new AR,ATV,UTV, she doesn't say a thing, she comes home and sees a New Truck in the driveway and only says.....Got sick of the other one did ya..........I have what ya call..............a AWESOME WIFE....As long as I don't interfere with the household finances I'm good to go...I have let her take care of our finances since I met her and it's been the best thing I've ever done when it comes to money and it's a good thing I did being I'm fully disabled now..

"marcella69"
Well, Martin told me to turn the screw at the back of the receiver in a quarter turn. That did improve the SD from 15 down to about 11, but that was still too high for me. So I turned the screw in another quarter turn. That dropped the SD down to 6.07. So, I figured that another quarter turn would improve the SD even more. Wrong! She shot up to 10! So, I backed 'er out a quarter turn and that's where it is now. I'm getting 125.19 fpe @ 6.07 SD. I figure that's as good as it gets, which is fine with me.
Ok so you did a total of a 1/2 turn clockwise(in), Thanks...Just out of curiosity did you at least try to go back(out)another 1/8th turn or like you said you just left it at the 1/2 turn in?

"Imold"
"marcella69"
Ok so you did a total of a 1/2 turn clockwise(in), Thanks...Just out of curiosity did you at least try to go back(out)another 1/8th turn or like you said you just left it at the 1/2 turn in?
Well, I didn't want to catch adjustis absurdum. Besides, the real question is why I had to adjust anything to begin with? There's no way she should have left the factory like that; a hair trigger and improper hammer tension. If Martin ran a shot string on her before shipment, he should have caught those things.

"Imold"Mine should be close to yours so I might just try a 1/3 turn in and see where I'm at and if I need more I can just do another 1/8th turn in for a total of 1/2 in Thanks again...
Before you do anything, you need to run a complete shot string. Charge her to 250 bar and shoot down to 160 bar. Note number of shots per bottle fill on regulator, and every shot's fps; and then calculate average power and SD. Also measure trigger weight and stage travel. Maybe you won't have to do anything.