• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Reactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the world we live in. Someone got offended and now needs to have their comfort pet with them at all times while browsing the forum because they got a thumbs down. Just pretend it’s 2005. If you disagree with someone, tell them with words. But do it nicely because it is 2024 and those words can magically disappear. Because someone got offended.

• Haha
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Use the upset smiley to assert disapproval moving forward if you're hung up on emojis, however as Vetmx suggested, kindly using words is a far better approach.

I was never a fan of the thumbs down reaction, it in itself isn't constructive nor does it move the conversation in any direction. It's just a rather low effort form of participating in a thread. Its not offensive to me, I find it rather petty and low effort.

-Matt

Reactions: dgeesaman
Use the upset smiley to assert disapproval moving forward if you're hung up on emojis, however as Vetmx suggested, kindly using words is a far better approach.

I was never a fan of the thumbs down reaction, it in itself isn't constructive nor does it move the conversation in any direction. It's just a rather low effort form of participating in a thread. Its not offensive to me, I find it rather petty and low effort.

-Matt
Then so is the thumbs-up petty and low effort but so how much that is used.

Then so is the thumbs-up petty and low effort but so how much that is used.

I'll take low effort positive reinforcement and validation over low effort disapproval and invalidation any day of the week.

There is a saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...

Thumbs ups give people a sense of positive feedback, thumbs down does the opposite, and may discourage some users from posting at all...not exactly healthy for the sites analytics.

-Matt

Reactions: wamf
That is the problem that snowflakes gets offended to easy. Just like Vetmx said above. Not all posts deserve a positive feedback and if a person is really talking crap he deserves being told that, via a post or a thumbs-down, it does not matter to me. If it discourage him to talk crap, he better think of what he is posting and post something more sensible.

I’ve always viewed the thumbs down as a cheap shot reaction by someone too easily offended and unwilling to engage in constructive discussion.
Hmmm... That is the problem, many people only want a pat on the back with a thumbs-up but O-NO, don't disagree with him by giving a thumbs-down. Not only on this forum but in live in general. That is a big problem in society. Sorry, I am NOT like that, I will give credit where it is due and I WILL give negative response where it is due, in words or in emojis. It is NOT a cheap shot, it is reality.

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
And that is why they give out Participation Awards.
Gods forbid a kid learns that sometimes you get the elevator. Sometimes you get the shaft.

You're comparing participation awards to post likes, and limiting them to mostly positive exchanges with the exception of the upset smiley emoji on a forum?

The person who goes out of their way to give a thumbs down is clearly the one upset and now they can just go boohoo with a sad face? Sounds great to me! Win/Win for both those who didn't care much for thumbs downs, and those who like to dish out their negative vibes around here. :)

-Matt

Hmmm... That is the problem, many people only want a pat on the back with a thumbs-up but O-NO, don't disagree with him by giving a thumbs-down. Not only on this forum but in live in general. That is a big problem in society. Sorry, I am NOT like that, I will give credit where it is due and I WILL give negative response where it is due, in words or in emojis. It is NOT a cheap shot, it is reality.

You still can express yourself freely in any format provided its abides with the forums rules...plus you still have sad face which is how I viewed thumbs down reactions anyhow, because those who dish em out are the ones boohooing.

-Matt

You're comparing participation awards to post likes, and limiting them to mostly positive exchanges with the exception of the upset smiley emoji on a forum?
Yea. Here Ya go. Thanks for Participating.
(y)

sticker-35mm_participationaward.jpg

You still can express yourself freely in any format provided its abides with the forums rules...plus you still have sad face which is how I viewed thumbs down reactions anyhow, because those who dish em out are the ones boohooing.

-Matt
You can also say those that dish out thumbs-up are brown-nosers. But I don't agree.

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
You can also say those that dish out thumbs-up are brown-nosers. But I don't agree.

If you don't agree why would you say that then? Strange path to head towards but not commit to..none the less I prefer words over reacts, but positive affirmations generally don't hurt anyone. Do you go online to upset or hurt people, is that why you oppose the removal of thumbs down reacts? That, or do you expect everyone else to just 'man up' over the presence of thumbs down reacts?

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.