Ready at a moments notice

Anyone else keep one at the ready just in case duty calls? My go to is my .177 ASP20. Not hold sensative in the least and still throwing a 10.3gr at 890fps. There's always a pellet loaded so when that groundhog that's been taunting me for over a month now finally gives me a safe shot I just have to cock it back and let one rip.
1000002488.jpg

Yup!

20240722_064148.jpg

But, I normally have a sk19 set up right inside the bedroom window with atn scope. It's for the rats that show up at the bird feeder at night. But we also had a couple coyotes pop up in the neighborhood that's been taking a lot of cats and dogs. Hopefully for them they are not here when I'm around and ready.

Allen

Reactions: Sqwirl57
Anyone else keep one at the ready just in case duty calls? My go to is my .177 ASP20. Not hold sensative in the least and still throwing a 10.3gr at 890fps. There's always a pellet loaded so when that groundhog that's been taunting me for over a month now finally gives me a safe shot I just have to cock it back and let one rip.View attachment 481751

Man .......you got an A/C machine?! 😍

Reactions: Sqwirl57
I have two coffee tables in my great room where I am if inside and not sleeping and each has two PCPs. So I have 4 air rifles close at hand. Each has air and there is a loaded magazine next to it but no pellet in the barrel. One coffee tables has my Prod and P35-25. The other has my P35-177 and P35-22. The top of each coffee table is on soft close drawer slides so a simple push slides it back revealing the rifles and ammo. I now have 6 pcps so maybe I'll add a third coffee table.

My dog looks out the window for squirrels and if she sees one she starts running around and barking. She is really excited. If it's squirrel season I pull out a gun and decide on a strategy. At first a shot out the window or from the back porch would work. But they are getting too smart for that. They start running up a tree when she starts barking. Raccoons will also get me an alert but she did not notice the one armadillo that has stopped by during the daytime. Sometimes she false alarms or misses one but usually she spots them first.