recommend a compact FFP scope with better than average glass

well,
ended up trading my full size
westhunter 4-16x44 ffp,

for a discovery hd 3-12x44 compact ffp ir. :)

thank you all for your opinions :cool:
@starlingassn Good to see that you found something suitable. I’ve read good things about those. Please let us know your thoughts on that scope. I’ve never used one.

I had a Vector Veyron that would be quite nice for a Notos. QC isn't the best but I got a good one and think it would be a great fit. The glass clarity wasn't anything special, but the brightness was above average for sure. To be honest, I think you need to be hitting $400+ before finding anything with above average glass. My Athlon Argos BTR was good glass, but not anything overly special for the money and Athlon is regarded as one of the best bangs for the buck.
I bought a vector viron last year I cited it in on my FX Wildcat first of all I hate the first focal plane and the crosshairs and Dot in the center is so minut if you're not using 12 power or higher you can't even see it during daylight now with very little use the windage knob is grinding and all jammed up $400 piece of junk in my opinion

I see the OP has his scope picked but I will offer an observation on scope clarity/glass quality. I have 3 6-24 power scopes. An Athlon Talos, a Veyron, and an Arken EPL-4. I like them for 30 yard challenge targets and the difference in glass quality becomes apparent pretty quickly due to the small 10 ring and X dot on this target. The Arken is clearly the best glass (but it is also the most expensive), the Athlon is next and the Veyron is the worst. But it is still good glass for the money. But the "for the money" part may only be true for the SFP I have which is under $200. The FFP seem to get up to about the least expensive Arken in price. Arken doesn't make what I would call a compact scope but their glass is very good for the money and they also have noticably better tracking than any of my other scopes.