• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Recommend a pcp

Hello,

I haven't posted in awhile. I am looking for a PCP to recommend to my buddy. It will be used for pesting mostly. It needs to be dependable without tinkering and of course a good shooter. Anything in the 600 dollar range fit the bill?

thanks guy
@oldsparky Try these AGN sponsors.

Some of these deals are really tough to beat. Most are well within your stated price range. Check them out and consider calling Rich to see which one he recommends.
https://www.airgunrevisions.com/product-category/bargain-block/

I've read good things about the Avenge-X https://www.pyramydair.com/air-guns/rifles/pcp-rifles?product_brand=Air+Venturi

Benjamin Akela is alot of bull pup for $600 . . . https://www.airgunsofarizona.com/precharged-pcp/benjamin-akela-wood-bullpup-air-rifle/

Akela Hawke3.jpg

Akela Sparrow watch.jpg

Akela.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ezana4CE
My favorite PCP, regardless of price, are my 3 P35s. I have them in 177, 22, and 25 caliber. All are good to excellent shooters. The 25 needed a power plenum upgrade to get there. I don't know if they are out yet but a P35X or Remington Spirit X would be even better in a 25 caliber because of the 65cc plenum. That model is heavier, however. The Stoeger Bullshark is about the same as my P35s with a heavier stock and a little longer barrel. The P35s and Bullshark should be under $500, the P35X should be under $600. One reason I really like my P35s is they only weigh about 5 lbs before you attach a scope. My favorite scope for them is a Vector Veyron SFP 6-24X. That scope is under $200 at Krale (although shipping will push it a little over). Nice size for these small bullpups and surprisingly clear glass for the money.

Another SPA offering in this price range is the M60b. Krale has them just under $600 with an aluminum bottle. Air Archery Fun has them with carbon fiber bottles but they might go over $600, will be close. With a tube type air storage they would be well under $600. This gun has an externally adjustable regulator and looks a little like the FX Impact. You can get the M60 in 30 and 35 caliber.

My P35 in 22 is my most accurate P35 and possibly my most accurate PCP. It still has all it's original O-rings. I cleaned the barrel and adjusted the hammer spring a little and just shoot it. I've messed with the 177 and 25 a lot more but all have been reliable. You should expect to need to clean the barrel, adjust the trigger a little (very simple), and better balance the hammer spring to the regulator setting (although it will shoot fine without this step).

Gamo Urban, or better yet a 177 Coyote. Quiet accurate and durable. My 177 Coyote has no trouble pushing JSB Knockout 10g slugs over 1000fps and its pretty quiet still. Out of the box it was about 17fpe and even quieter but for hunting I find speed is important. You can hand pump with a FourUncles for cheap, or get into a GX CS3 or CS4 which should last you a while.

Coyote ~$450
Urban ~$250-300

Reactions: Headshots
Hello,

I haven't posted in awhile. I am looking for a PCP to recommend to my buddy. It will be used for pesting mostly. It needs to be dependable without tinkering and of course a good shooter. Anything in the 600 dollar range fit the bill?

thanks guy
More information is needed besides being used for pesting.

What pests?
What distance?

Reactions: MongooseV8
Hello,

thanks guy
I may have a few options for ya in the next week. Just need to post enough times to start Selling my collection. DM me if u wish.