• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Recommendations for 22 cal pcp rifle

Reactions: bfloyd1095
My P35-22 was under $500 and gets about 60 shots at 32 fpe on a 250 bar fill. It loves H&N Baracuda Match pellets, 21 grain, and shoots them at about 835 fps. It is regulated. Under your spec'd shot count but well under your spec'd price. It is also very accurate and weighs about 5 lbs. Under 30 inches long and easy to make quiet with a hair curler mod or a in-shroud moderator. You could turn the regulator down 1/4 turn and gain 10 shots or so while still having good power. It also liked JSB 18 grain and you could substitute them to get velocity back up well over 800 fps (they were about 900 fps in mine on the stock tune). The trigger needs adjusted and I thought the crown needed polishing out of the box but neither is difficult to do.

Regulated, 30+ fpe and 100+ shots per fill… that pretty much will require a bottle rifle, so you eliminate all tube rifles.

I would think you might also specify form factor - traditional rifle vs. bullpup style…
I don't think you could get a used one for under $1000, but I get over 100 shots at over 30 FPE out of my .22 Huben . . . so not all tube guns are out. But they do need to take a high fill to get there - just saying in case the OP does not like bottle guns (personally, I like them).

Reactions: Nattboy
Specific specs :)

Even though your spec list is short, you're almost pricing yourself out of those specs on a new rifle if you put a $1000 cap on it. A little more $ (prob in the $1200-1400 range) will get you a lot more availability. And you'll be hard pressed to find any gun under $2k that will give you 100+ shots at 30+ fpe in .22.

A used gun, as mentioned above, may be your best bet if you want to stay at or under $1000. But there can be risk in buying used, especially if you are new to PCPs.

You can double reg bottle conversion an Air Venturi Avenger for under your budget. You can easly hit 30+fpe in 22cal and get a couple hundred shots per fil depending on what bottle you pick.

Or get pretty close to your requirements with something like an AEA Challenger Bullpup with optional reg. I havent really counted how many shots I get from mine but it does several mags with a partial fill.

Have you thought about a Benjamin marauder? it should give you closer to 60 instead of 100 but for the amount of money you save you can pretty much already buy one of the smaller air tanks to refill it yourself on the fly wherever you are at. It’s a classic that has stood the test of time and has all the bugs worked. Accurate, reliable, and pretty cheap all things considered.

Hello everyone. I am looking for some recommendations for a 22 cal air rifle with some specific specs if possible. It doesn't have to be out of the box, but at least modifiable to obtain these specs with some extra $$.
  1. $1,000 or less
  2. Regulated
  3. At least 30+ FPE (800+ FPS) and around 100+ shots per max fill
Thank you!!!

Best,
J.
an older version of the Brocock Compatto hi-lite in .22 with the sling shot hammer unregulated . Affordable, used on the classifieds here and you are done. lol enjoy;)

Last edited: