Red dots on springers

Would a red dot sight hold up to the recoil of my FWB 124? I’m thinking this combination would be good for pigeons in a barn. Shots are pretty close but the crosshairs in a scope can disappear inside a dark barn. And I have a red dot laying around but I have to get a picatinny base for the dovetails on the rifle.

So, does anybody know if a red dot will stay together on a springer?

Red and reflex dots have really come down in price. I am curious how well some of these budget dots will perform on a springer.

Reactions: BanjomanMI76
I am expecting a Hawke red dot for Christmas. The one offered with 11m mounting are not common. I hate adding an adaptor which raises it further above the bore.

Not sure I will use it on a springer, but I have read a lot of threads where people have dots on mid to lower power spring guns with out destroying them.
I really like the Hawke on my .22 Crosman 2300 Custom Shop. Pyramyd had both the 1 x 20 and 1 x 30 for 11 mm in stock just a couple days ago. Ended up buying the Hatsan for what I’m building right now. Have gifted it to a couple people and liked it so thought I’d try on one of mine. About $90 less than the 1 x 30 Hawke and I’m betting I can find lens covers for less that that ha!

I really like the Hawke on my .22 Crosman 2300 Custom Shop. Pyramyd had both the 1 x 20 and 1 x 30 for 11 mm in stock just a couple days ago. Ended up buying the Hatsan for what I’m building right now. Have gifted it to a couple people and liked it so thought I’d try on one of mine. About $90 less than the 1 x 30 Hawke and I’m betting I can find lens covers for less that that ha!
I have two of the Hawke Vantage red dots in 20mm. Very much worth the extra cost and hold just fine on any springer I've put them on.