Red/Green Dot Sight

Any recommendations for a decent red/green dot sight? I'm looking for something readily switchable from red to green. I remembered a friend of mine once had a very nice Bushnell "Trophy" red dot sight that had that feature. I did a search for this model, but Bushnell has discontinued it for one reason or another:(. Go figure... What I'm really wanting is a "traditional" tube sight like the Bushnell, Millett (also discontinued) or something like that with a size 2 or 3 MOA switchable red/green dot. An UltraDot would be the ideal, but they don't have one that switches from red to green?? I would think UltraDot could sell a lot (more) of them if they would offer this feature on their traditional red dot tubular sights. I'm currently using a Millett 1" tube red-dot (older Jap-made version, NOT Chi-com version) on my H-S Citation pistol. Very crisp dot and it has held zero over the years. Love it.. but now needing a green dot for targets (steel) that are painted orange/red. Think of the color used on the old Redfield sight-in targets! Man, if that Millett sight had the red/green feature that would be EXACTLY what I'm looking for.

There are MANY, VERY good red or green dot sights on the market.

If you are looking for...a...sight that has both red and green, you are much more limited. And most will be of a cheaper design.

Just go to "optics Planet, type in what you want into the search line and hit...enter. They are one of the biggest suppliers of...many thngs actually. Another good location to look is Midway.

There, I did half of your work for you. Do your own "search".

Mike

I haven't seen anything that switches color the way you ask. As others suggest maybe you'll find some really cheap things on Amazon or Ebay that can do it.

Do you want the color switch ability to help adapt to contrast with the background image?
Yes...there ARE a "couple" still available. Out of my own curiously, I just looked at both OpticsPlanet, And MidwayUSA.
WAY less than a couple of years ago. I just found maybe "three", and they are of a class that I would not spend money on.

Smart -

I'd be more interested in a quality red...or... (or blue !) sight with a 2 moa or at the largest a 3 moa dot. The "less expensive" have larger dots and normally "cover" the target. That's not a good thing. I's seen from 1 (expensive) to 8 moa dot sizes.
As I said, 2 or 3 MAX. diameter. I doubt that you are willing to spend over $500 on a 1 moa dot sight...right ?

A quality sight will be in the $200+ (bare minimum) range. The battery's will last 30,000 to 50,000 hours. NOT 300 or 400, maybe 500 hours like many cheaper sights. A quality sight will have a (possibly limited but lifetime) lifetime guarantee, one that will stand up to the occasional dropping. Most cheaper sights, you'll be buying new, if you accidently drop it. A modern quality sight will withstand dropping from shoulder height onto a rock, or concrete. There's a couple of sights that have the reviewer, throwing the sight down the road, putting it back on his gun, and yeah, it's still on "the mark".

Another bad thing about cheaper sights, they leave "trails" as you swing the gun looking at a...moving...target. Quality sights...do not leave trails of the retical.

Save your dimes and nickels, and buy a sight that will work well, and last.
Holosun is one of the better brands that won't kill your bank account.

Mike

Last edited: