Refilling the Huben GK1 5000psi

Just thought I'd point out that you don't actually have to fill it to 5000 psi . . . I have a Huben K1 that has only seen 4500 psi once (never more) and is regularly filled to a max of about 4000 psi just because that works best for a decent number of consistent fills from my tanks.

You really don't get that many more shots from the extra air, as it is less efficient at the higher levels over about 3500 psi due to air not being an ideal gas above that range (specifically, van der Walls forces come into play). You'll get about 10% less shots than you think from the extra air . . .

Go for it if you want, but I just don't think it's worth the effort to get that high . . .
Well if you use Nitrogen as the feed to your compressor and pump to 35mpa that extra 1500 psi does give you a significant increase in shot count btw the K1 is regulated so your 3500 psi vs 5075 psi does not affect the shot count

Well if you use Nitrogen as the feed to your compressor and pump to 35mpa that extra 1500 psi does give you a significant increase in shot count btw the K1 is regulated so your 3500 psi vs 5075 psi does not affect the shot count
You mean it doesn't affect the power? Filling to 3500psi rather than 5075psi definitely affects your shot count in a regulated rifle.

Reactions: SteveV
As AlanMcD said pumping to 5k isn't very advantageous.

Here is mine hitting 5k with 2 $50 3 stage hand pumps. Just the last couple seconds then I bled and shut down.

Allen
Yeah - my pump clearly has issues.

I have already lubed it lightly as directed in the manual, so i don't think that's it. I may will disassemble it but at the moment it's my only working hand pump and even though I have a CS4 compressor I'd like to always have one working pump even if it only gets up to 4000 psi

Yeah - my pump clearly has issues.

I have already lubed it lightly as directed in the manual, so i don't think that's it. I may will disassemble it but at the moment it's my only working hand pump and even though I have a CS4 compressor I'd like to always have one working pump even if it only gets up to 4000 psi
Well, I jave found those vevor handpumps on ebay from as little as $30 to as much as $60ish so you could get a second one if it's not out of your budget and see if you can fix the first one.